how many deer

Hunted my arse off for them, saw plenty, shot none. Guided my sons to a couple, and had an absolute great time at doing so!!!

No deer didn't draw a tag. Did get a fall turkey and a Javelina in the spring. Crossing my fingers for some sort of antlered hunt this fall in AZ. Otherwise, over the counter tags in Idaho are sounding better. Good Luck, JLG.

Originally posted by JB Florida:
Bummer Tone, the odds of a second chance on a mature buck in the same season go WAY down!
IMO. Get him next season!
The worst part was I had him within 50 yards three different days. The first time he was at like 35 yards and I just thought he was a nice 5x5 with dual eyeguards on each side to make him a 6x6. I didn't actually think his frame was any bigger than one I got a few years back, so i just backed out and let him be. Three days later I caught him in the same spot and that time he chased some does to the top of a hill and skylined his rack allowing me to really check out his rack. Unfortunately ya can't kill them by shooting them in the antler. The final time was on the last day of the season. I spotted him laying down the hill from me in some thistles on some land I can't hunt. I rattled and grunted at him and got him to come a little closer and then he layed down again. I circled around him to try and push him to where I can hunt and he stood up at about 15 yards and stared at me. Unfortunately I couldn't shoot him where he was and he took off onto the land I can hunt and then crossed back into where I can't and I haven't seen him since. He haunts me still. I think I found one of his sheds from 2 years ago this spring, it scores about 66 inches and he had grown since then.

Some of you guys need to come out here and shoot some sneaky frickn rat deer. I killed 5 this year and missed quite a few with my bow and muzzy. Three does and two bucks. They finally put a limit on how many you can kill. 30 does and 8 bucks...

I killed an 8 point with my shotgun, a doe with my pistol and a 5 point with my muzzleloader...

All I killed in Pa with my rifle was a coyote... :D .....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back