Caribou Gear

How many days a year do you think about hunting?

How often does hunting cross your mind?

• 365 days a year (obsessed)

Votes: 138 76.7%
  • ~360 days a year (in denial just like I was)

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • ~300 days a year (a lot, but not ALL the time)

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Only during hunting season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never (why am I even on this forum?)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
It's everyday for me....in one form or another. Various hunting and outdoor related stuff, along with my PT gig and the guns it involves are almost all of the "me" thoughts I have.

I put 300 days but we are usually hunting year round and taking July off so I’m thinking about fishing then. Ha ha It’s definitely not the most important thing to me in my life, not by a long shot, but me and my son are hunting something at least on the weekends 11 months out of the year. Deer and elk sept October November. Hound hunting lions and bobcat November through March. Wolves and coyote and trapping November to probably March. Also geese and ducks around that time. April through June is turkeys and bears. So really only take July off. We antelope hunt every year in August. I don’t know if I think about it every day but we are out hunting a lot of days most of the year. So I’m going with 300 days 👍

Definitely every day. If I am not hunting, I am thinking about it, and if I am not thinking about it, I am on here reading about someone else that is either hunting or telling us/showing us about their hunt!! Again, a den of obsessed people.....that is what HT is. Embrace it HT nation.

Hey all, I recently had a conversation with my wife and it got me thinking, how often do the folks of HT think about hunting? I mentioned to her that I figured it at least crosses my mind for a moment 360 days out of every year. And she laughed at me! She said I was in denial and it’s clearly 365 days a year. I said “well there HAS to be a few days a year that pass and I never get a thought in”.
She asked me “well did you think about it on our wedding day? Our honeymoon?”

I guess she’s right. As always.
So, am I the only one?

366-I live in the desert and see Quail, Rabbits, and Coyotes
every day, plus the occasional Javelina. 💥

like most on here, there isn't a day that I don't think about some aspect of hunting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back