Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How many days a year do you think about hunting?

How often does hunting cross your mind?

• 365 days a year (obsessed)

Votes: 138 76.7%
  • ~360 days a year (in denial just like I was)

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • ~300 days a year (a lot, but not ALL the time)

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Only during hunting season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never (why am I even on this forum?)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

RyGuy

Hey all, I recently had a conversation with my wife and it got me thinking, how often do the folks of HT think about hunting? I mentioned to her that I figured it at least crosses my mind for a moment 360 days out of every year. And she laughed at me! She said I was in denial and it’s clearly 365 days a year. I said “well there HAS to be a few days a year that pass and I never get a thought in”.
She asked me “well did you think about it on our wedding day? Our honeymoon?”

I guess she’s right. As always.
So, am I the only one?

I'm on this site every day, Gohunt probably 5 times a week plotting, planning and dreaming. I pull guns out of the safe to fondle for no reason. I go through my gear closet far more often than necessary. I reload and/or prep cases for no good reason. I could go on but you get the picture.

Definitely every day. But I do hunt big game hunts all year which require a decent amount of ongoing logistics e.g. ferry’s, plane and chopper flights, ballots, gear sorting, and also managing hunting buddies haha

I should change my vote to 365,as I just realized it's about every day.
@ sunrise I look out the window for elk filling my coffee cup. I'm checking game crossings as I drive to the hwy. When I'm in town I want to be out looking under some rimrock...LOL

It could have been 300,but there are no women here to think about.

Think about it everyday but not obsessively. Lots of things more important than hunting.

I think there were 1 or 2 days when I had covid that hunting fell by the wayside. I also got back into skiing this year and unsurprisingly am susceptible to doubling up on my obsessive focus…. and spending! I might have forgotten to think about hunting for a day or two while gearing up. Hobby shopping is fun regardless of the sport!

Hunt planning starts literally the last day of the current hunt and doesn't stop until first day of the next hunt. I use voxer to communicate with my 2 main hunting buddies and my wife gets so annoyed. Surprisingly she doesn't like to here every detail of everything about our hunts on my "walkie talkie app thingy" while she watches British bake off. 😄

360+. I won't live long enough to make up for the 26 year pause in big game hunting. I even tried to talk my wife into changing our anniversary date because it falls right at the beginning of the peak rut.

I should change my vote to 365,as I just realized it's about every day.
@ sunrise I look out the window for elk filling my coffee cup. I'm checking game crossings as I drive to the hwy. When I'm in town I want to be out looking under some rimrock...LOL

It could have been 300,but there are no women here to think about.

Pie’s gotta factor in there somewhere😉

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back