How does the PM work in this forum

Rackman77

So I have over 20 posts and when I try to PM anyone I get the “Ooops something went wrong. You cannot PM this person”. Anyone have any insight on this?

Hunting Wife

So I have over 20 posts and when I try to PM anyone I get the “Ooops something went wrong. You cannot PM this person”. Anyone have any insight on this?

I stalked your post history and poked around a little bit. I can’t PM that member either, and I’m guessing it’s because of his post count. My best guess is it looks like you must meet a minimum post count before you can access PM functionality at all. I’m not sure how long this has been a thing.

Another way to check and to initiate a PM is to click on a user’s name. A profile box opens and you’ll see 3 buttons along the bottom- “Follow”, “Ignore” or “Start a conversation”. For users with low post count, “Start a conversation” doesn’t appear to be an option.

Hope that’s useful.

Rackman77

I stalked your post history and poked around a little bit. I can’t PM that member either, and I’m guessing it’s because of his post count. My best guess is it looks like you must meet a minimum post count before you can access PM functionality at all. I’m not sure how long this has been a thing.

Another way to check and to initiate a PM is to click on a user’s name. A profile box opens and you’ll see 3 buttons along the bottom- “Follow”, “Ignore” or “Start a conversation”. For users with low post count, “Start a conversation” doesn’t appear to be an option.

Hope that’s useful.
Thanks for your help. Glad to know maybe it’s on his end?

Dully

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how does one PM another member or receive a PM discretely from a member without showing ones email address or phone number in the forum? Thank you.
Thank you for bring up this topic. Glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues

SWNMELK

Go back and read post #13 I think it explains a lot.
I had messaged another member right after I first joined the forum, then I think they made the changes and I had to get past 10 posts to message again.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikem