Yeti GOBOX Collection

How do you celebrate a successful hunt?

I don't celebrate. No high fiving or fist pumping or whooping. Go straight to work gutting it out and then getting it out. I'll take a photo of course ... if I remember. I see no reason to celebrate the death of a beautiful animal. Should be a sober moment to reflect on our own mortality. No drinking or cigar smoking back at camp either. Booze screws up my metabolism and then I don't sleep well. Smoking is stinky, dirty, and stupid. Occasionally I will go out for pizza and a lite beer with my brother after a day in the field but not dependent on shooting anything.

I don't celebrate. No high fiving or fist pumping or whooping. Go straight to work gutting it out and then getting it out. I'll take a photo of course ... if I remember. I see no reason to celebrate the death of a beautiful animal. Should be a sober moment to reflect on our own mortality. No drinking or cigar smoking back at camp either. Booze screws up my metabolism and then I don't sleep well. Smoking is stinky, dirty, and stupid. Occasionally I will go out for pizza and a lite beer with my brother after a day in the field but not dependent on shooting anything.
Man, I celebrate every hunt. I shed a tear when I’m lucky enough to harvest an animal. I say a prayer, and then smile at the blessing. I get it, but we celebrate all the hard work and the animal. What’s missing in most peoples’ lives right now is the accomplishment of hard tasks. Graduation, marriage, kids.... then what? Something else missing is the risk of taking on a task where you invest immensely and will probably still fail. I smile and love every second of the hunt; the crisp clean air, the solitude, the glimpse, the joy, the pain... When it does come together a couple of Rainier’s and deer heart with my brother and/or buddy around the campfire, and then passing out from the pack out is one of my greatest blessings. Let’s celebrate how each of us loves fair chase and come together.

Bar Food.....specifically a double mushroom Swiss burger with Jalapeños, and fries and coupled with a few ice cold silver bullets in a bottle. Successful or not......

Attachments

• 20190915_181151.jpg
    20190915_181151.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 8
Back