Yeti GOBOX Collection

How close.....is too close??

REDBEARD

allright, since Im not an experienced houndsman what is the most greezy situation you found yerself in with an animal you were chasin treed??...Im talkin about interesting situation that had the potential to be dangerous but in hindsight are pretty darn funny.... my taxidermist told me that when he shot his cat, things got REAL ugly, especially when it came out of the tree and they had no gun....apparently a few dogs got beat up pretty bad.....

lets hear it people....

REDBEARD

View

Jason, If ya look at Roberts head you will see blood! It didnt come from the cat!! If ya look at his right arm (left of screen) you will see blood, not from the lion. This lion was shot with a bow, jumped the tree and ledged up. Robert went running down the hill below the bluff thinking the dogs and lion were down below. He looked up when he heard exactly where they were, just in time to see the lion jump off the ledge right over him. He put his arm up to stop the blow, and the lion put four teeth holes to the gums in his right arm right below the elbow. The scratch on his head came at the same time , all while the lion was going by!!! He got many stitches in the head and had cotton gauze stuffed in his holes in his arm for two months while it healed from the inside out. THat was too close!!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Bcat ,that is way too close for me.Did you guide insurnace cover him ?(if he was a client). I guess I havent had anything close to that and I guess i hope I never beat that story either.LOL
Redbeard, Look at my post below entitled More Bears. That was pretty hairy for a while. That was the first bear that hunter had ever seen. I bet it was close enough for him.

bcat,

way too close!! WOW!...I'll be sure to have my health insurance paid up for the fall!!...HA HA!....I dont think I want to get that close!!....AWESOME STORY...this one will be tough to beat.....what happened after he got chewed up?....did the cat run off and die??

REDBEARD

Actually Redbeard about twenty feet away, the dogs caught up with it. It had been hit with two arrows in the first tree. Robert didnt have a gun, so he grabbed the end of the broken arrow and gouged it around and around while the dogs were working the lion till it bled to death. Yes Cathunt this was the fella you met while you were here. This is also the fella that has the dog for sale Justin, or may be willing to sell. Its the last one he has, and he keeps wanting me to take her. If you dont take her I might. I was supposed to be there to video that day, and I came down with the crud and didnt make it! Missed out bigtime HUH!!!! I woulda been packing tho!!!! Robert is bad about not wearing a hat, carrying matches or packing a gun!! I dont take any chances personally! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Well I haven't been bitten yet But one time I had my shirt pocket ripped completely of by a bear,(I think he wanted my Camels)
One other time the hounds had a bear in a cave.All you could see of the dogs was two tails.I got the hunter ready to shoot grabbed the two tails and pulled the dogs out.Well that bear came right in their face Just a swinging.I'm glad that hunter was a good shot.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

Heck of a story bcat! Dont think anyone will beat that one!
biggrin.gif

When I was 9 or 10 I was hunting with my black& tan, "Pook", he had a coon bayed in the middle of a pond. When I got there he took off swimming after the coon, when he got to the middle of the pond whare the coon was the coon climbed right on top of his head, they both went under for a long time, then I saw the coon dissapear into the cattails. Pook was dead.. I waded out and got him. I carried him all the way home, I remember crying every step of the way.
frown.gif

We had a real wild barncat once, and we were able to trap it with a live trap. I had some puppies to work with and a friend had one he wanted to work with, so we let the cat go one Sunday morning way up in the field. A couple hours later we went and got the dogs. The dogs trailed the cat very well for pups and only got screwed up one time, when the cat left the brush and went to the open field. They soon got back on the trail and we watched from the pickup window. Debies dad was along and he was having a blast, as he used to be a houndsman. We saw the cat out in the middle of the field, and it looked like the pups were gonna catch him on the ground so we hurries to the scene. THey did alright and the fight was on. That cat was tearing them to schreds, and the pups were really fighting good with the cat only the cat was winning. I told Debbie lets catch the cat because if they do get ahold of it, we wont be able to chase this long walking BARN CAT again. He was a great cat because he didnt hang around he covered the country. Anywya I got the live trap out of the pickup and was trying to figure out how to get ahold of the cat with my nuse on a stick, when the cat decided I would be a good tree to climb!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
The cat climbed clear to my head and I couldnt get him off me, and the dogs were jumping on me, blood was running out of me!!!!!!!! Debbie was laughing so hard she couldnt do nothing and her dad was rolling on the ground, and here I was with the cat on top of my head DUG IN!!!!!! It olny lasted a couple minutes but it semed like hours!!! We did get the cat off me and got him in the cage, just set the cage on the ground behind him and he backed right in!! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Back