Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hounding coyotes

yoteler

Here is a yote that we got jump that thought it would be a good Idea to try to hide in a brush pile

THIS NEXT PIC there was a hound that tried to seek in the backside of the brush pile to get at the yote and the yote turned to confront him and when he did (hinkley) the little Black and Tan hound got him and made short work of him

This pic is of (MJ) a running walker going in for a bit, we ran this yote for 2 hours, before baying it up in a farmers barn

Here are a couple of pics of (speedy and sara the parents of the pups that are for sale ) running walkers. first pic is of speedy circle the yote looking for a opening to go in on the yote

the second pic is speedy going in, with sara coming in to help

Something tells me you won't be the keynote speaker at the next Peta Convention. :D

There is a new movie out about using dogs to hunt coyotes. The coyotes are not run and caught like in the pics. These dogs are used as decoys and lure the coyotes back to the hunters so they can be shot. The movie was made by Murphy Love and Cal Taylor. The movie is called "Going to the dog" (i believe , dont quote me like that).

I think you are rite on the name of the movie. I have done that hunting as well, my dog that goes out with me that loves to hunt Ducks and Geese is my Choc. lab. He does alot of hunting I do. I stoped hunting him like that for one reason to me, it is not fare to my dog if he were to get hurt, because I know what yotes act like with a new K-9 in there home. I am happy for the guys that hunt that way and for the dogs that come back to the hunters. I hunted yotes in many ways and me running them with my hounds is what I like alot. This is just my feelings :eek:

we only gun them down if they are running towards a major highway to try to get acrossed, that way we can saved the hounds from getting hit by the traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back