Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Hooray for Dr. Laura!

Calif. Hunter

I was listening to talk radio yesterday at lunch, and heard Dr. Laura get upset with a female caller. It seems that the caller was upset with her husband's ex-wife and the way she was raising the caller's step son, and that the step son was exhibiting behavior that she did not approve of. After lecturing the woman that she had no right to criticize the her husband's ex, and that the step son had just as much right to be in their home as the caller's own son, Dr. Laura found out that the caller was upset that the step son played with toy swords, toy guns, toy soldiers, etc.

Dr. Laura then got really mad! She told the woman that she was raising a boy to become a MAN and that men go to work and men protect their families - that is what men do. "Don't you sleep better at night, knowing that men with guns, called the police, are out on the street to protect you? Don't you appreciate the men with guns in the armed forces, protecting our Nation? If there is a noise in the middle of the night, do you go check it out or send your husband? Do you expect your husband to talk an intruder into leaving? Self defense is a God-given right, and I hope to Hell that you teach your son that. Good violence may be required, and that serves the Good. Bad violence, like robbing a bank, is bad and will be punished. Why do women today want to feminize their sons?"

Keep telling it like it is, Dr. Laura!

Dr. Laura is pretty good. I've heard her sticking up for men quite often, which is nice, because it seems men get looked down on so much anymore. With the women's rights and all that, men are seen by many women as unnecessary. That's why there are so many single mothers out there raising children...they just don't feel a man/husband is needed. :rolleyes:

I like the way the good Dr. calls it like it is and calls these self proclaimed ignorants on the carpet for their stupid idealogies!!!!
Way to go Dr. Laura!!! :D

Go Dr. Laura.
These women that think fathers aren't needed or that they shouldn't teach there son to be men are crazy.
A two parent (Man/Woman)family is the way it should be,with the man being the protector.
I feel so sorry for these kids that have no male roll model,or have mothers that wont allow there fathers to teach there son's to be men.

It's about the balance and difference's both sex's bring when raising kids that give us good well balanced adult's.

I have been listening to Dr. Laura for years and she is always sticking up for the guys teaching their kids guy stuff. She is not a big fan of guns and hunting, but she is like a Pit Bull with AIDS when it comes to defending our constitutional rights to own guns. She is diffinatly on our side.
My hat is off to her!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back