Hood for puffy?

I dislike hoods except on rain gear. You could probably talk me into a puffy hood if it was just for glassing though.

kinky...

on a serious note, I wouldn't do that during archery, too many desperate people might fling an arrow.
I read a disclaimer on a cow elk decoy a while ago. It said “caution do not use during an open season”

Kinda defeats the purpose. 😂

kinky...

on a serious note, I wouldn't do that during archery, too many desperate people might fling an arrow.
it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I do think it's handy in a stalk situation for the extra second of pause. It resides on the outside of my pack but in such a way that it doesn't look like an elk. We were in a crowded zone over labor day and managed not to see a single soul while actually hunting so I feel ok about it.

it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I do think it's handy in a stalk situation for the extra second of pause. It resides on the outside of my pack but in such a way that it doesn't look like an elk. We were in a crowded zone over labor day and managed not to see a single soul while actually hunting so I feel ok about it.
Well, be cautious. Not seeing anyone doesn't mean they didn't see you. And there are a plethora of accounts of "mistakes" that lead to hunter deaths.

If you're going to use it, I'd recommend having Mr. Ammo wear and go the other way, while the elk are trying to figure out WTF they're looking at, you slide on from the other side an poke a hole through 'em.

...just put a bullseye on your back...

Whatever happened to "down-filled?" I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to describe any item of clothing I might wear as "puffy." Sounds like the name of a fat hairy cat with a bow in its top-knot. I mean, it's not like puffy has any less syllables. When did the rugged outdoors community let this disgusting blasphemy of wimpiness slip by us?

Whatever happened to "down-filled?" I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to describe any item of clothing I might wear as "puffy." Sounds like the name of a fat hairy cat with a bow in its top-knot. I mean, it's not like puffy has any less syllables. When did the rugged outdoors community let this disgusting blasphemy of wimpiness slip by us?
Why are you too wimpy to write the ENTIRE words?

It has 55% fewer characters than your "down-filled"

Why are you too wimpy to write the ENTIRE words?

It has 55% fewer characters than your "down-filled"
u r right [note "right" has 37% fewer characters than "correct") so better if use least letters [note "letters" has 37% fewer characters than "characters"]. More ✍ Facebook = more smart.

WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL WOULD NOT WANT A HOOD? My husband insists on bringing a warm hat and I think he's a sucker. Who needs a hat when you have a hood!
x2

While back, couple of years, Janis from meateater was talking about dropping stuff out of his pack that he didn't use after a couple of hunts. A warm hat was on his list.

I haven't packed a warm hat of the majority of my back country trips since. So to your point, hoods for the win.

for the record I hunted in my elk decoy hat for 15 days of archery season -- for all you worry warts -- didn't see anyone and didn't get shot

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back