MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hood for puffy?

peterk1234

Need a warm puffy for when sitting still in the cold. Thinking feathered friends helios. Do you guys prefer a hood or does it just get in the way? Thx Pete

Need a warm puffy for when sitting still in the cold. Thinking feathered friends helios. Do you guys prefer a hood or does it just get in the way? Thx Pete
I have that exact coat, and while I would never buy a puffy without a hood, this hood itself is so puffy it doesn't actually stay on all that well.
Be advised, it is so puffy that you look like George
1663214574574.png
only puffier.

I've never felt like my hood has gotten in the way when I wasn't wearing it. If I were going to buy a nice jacket like that, I would definitely get it with a hood so it's there when I want it.

Hood, just don’t wear it you don’t want to, but keeping the wind off the my neck and going down my back is huge. I prefer a hood that is designed to hook over the bill of my hat to keep in place. I find I can still hear with my hood on but direction and distance are harder.

I have one without a hood and I debate replacing it each year with one that has a hood. The only times I have appreciated it not having a hood is when I’ve had to layer over it with a rain coat and used the rain coat’s hood. My next one will have a hood though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back