Yeti GOBOX Collection

Home Sweet Texas Draw

Has anyone been on any of the hog hunts? I’ve put in for them a couple years now and was wondering what to expect/quality of the hunts?

Ditto for the applications. I’ve been in the TX draw system since I was a young kid. I’ve drawn Javelina once as a youth and twice as an adult. Haven’t drawn anything else yet. If they published the average number of points held by an applicant I think people would be depressed. It’s almost certainly well into the double digits.

I’ve drawn as many out of state hunts in a single-year, as I have totaled in close to 25yrs in TX. :(
Yikes!

I've put in every year for just about everything for 8 years now and other than a few E-postcard waterfowl and hog hunts, I have only drawn an archery deer/nilgai hunt in south Texas.

I feel like the fact that they let you put in for multiple hunts of each category really hurt the odds

I've put in every year for just about everything for 8 years now and other than a few E-postcard waterfowl and hog hunts, I have only drawn an archery deer/nilgai hunt in south Texas.

I feel like the fact that they let you put in for multiple hunts of each category really hurt the odds
It definitely hurts the odds, hang in there though. I get drawn for something other than a postcard hunt just about every other year now.

It definitely hurts the odds, hang in there though. I get drawn for something other than a postcard hunt just about every other year now.
Yeah one thing that probably hurt my odds is that I always put in for just hunts that are on a weekend or holiday so that if I did draw I wouldn't have to use very much PTO. Knock on wood but I should have some saved up and be able to take off more days for hunting now so I'll start putting in for more middle of the week hunts.

Yeah one thing that probably hurt my odds is that I always put in for just hunts that are on a weekend or holiday so that if I did draw I wouldn't have to use very much PTO. Knock on wood but I should have some saved up and be able to take off more days for hunting now so I'll start putting in for more middle of the week hunts.
Shhhhh don't tell everyone my strategy! hahaha

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back