Hi from New Zealand

Sikastag

Hi everyone and a big thanks for the add to the group! I live in taupo in the middle of the North Island. I get to hunt red and sika deer in which we are at the start of the roar- rut season.
I currently use a .243 tikka t3 with a 2.5x10 x44 vortex scope firing my own loads using Barnes 80 grains.
I am hoping to head over to the USA to do a DIY archery Elk one day.
Love Randys YouTube channel am hooked on watching it!
Anyway look forward to reading about how it's done in the USA
Thanks

Welcome sikastag. You'll find a lot of great people and info on this site. I did a DIY archery trip last year so PM me if you have any questions. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum; always room for another Kiwi. I was just watching a program about the Japanese island of Hokkaido last night and got to watch some Sika stags fighting over a harem. Nice looking animal; how are they as table fare?

Welcome sikastag. You'll find a lot of great people and info on this site. I did a DIY archery trip last year so PM me if you have any questions. Cheers.

Cheers. It's gunna be a long time off before I go but no harm finding out how to go about it.

Welcome to the forum; always room for another Kiwi. I was just watching a program about the Japanese island of Hokkaido last night and got to watch some Sika stags fighting over a harem. Nice looking animal; how are they as table fare?

They some of the best deer meat you can eat!!. They are always in good condition as they'll eat any type of food that's available to them throughout the seasons. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome!

I get a chuckle every time I hear a Kiwi wanting to come over to the states to hunt, since a lot of us would kill to go to New Zealand for tahr and chamois. Someone needs to start an exchange program lol.

Welcome!

I get a chuckle every time I hear a Kiwi wanting to come over to the states to hunt, since a lot of us would kill to go to New Zealand for tahr and chamois. Someone needs to start an exchange program lol.

Having hunted DIY in NZ in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015. I can guarantee you that it is much easier and cheaper for us to go there and hunt than it is for them to hunt over here.

Welcome!

Ha ha. . Yeah I guess it is funny how we want to hunt in your part of the world am all for the exchange program! !!
We are very lucky here to be able to hunt for free take as many animals as we like. But it's all about the surroundings a change in scenery is guess. Just got it in my head that being up close to a bull Elk would be the pinnacle of my hunting career!

But it's all about the surroundings a change in scenery is guess.

That's how I feel. Sometimes I catch flak for travelling across the globe to shoot ducks, but it's the different species, different scenery, sights, sounds, and smells that compels me to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back