hey I need an opinion

miranda

hey yall I got told tonight that girl's don't belong in the military. So I want some of yalls opinions please I plan on joining when I turn 18 and get out of high school so please post yalls opinions.

thanks
mandi

I think they go under alot of pressure. If I was Female I wouldn't go. And, If I had a Daughter I'd try to talk her out of it too.

That being said, You are female and if you want to, you should.

I believe that you have th right to join and serve Mandi. I applaud you if that is your choice

cool.gif

i think you should do whatever you want, but i feel however that women, should not beable to be in infantry for 2 reason.

1. they are worth to much to lose.
2. they make guys do crazzy chit.

I've worked with some of the military's finest every day for nearly 10 years. Many of them are women.

Negissimo

I'm not positive, but I think QD is a woman. If I am wrong QD...forgive me.

Welcome to the site, Negissimo. Mandi is my friend and Ovis is right I am a woman. But hey that's all right.
Quick Draw

Mandi, "Girls don't belong in combat or combat fields." Our Women's liberation bull crap has gone entirely too far because the attorneys, not the military leaders, are making the decisions. The military offers super opportunities for all of our men and women. Just remember to stay out of the foxhole, jump seat, cockpit, and turret, and you will not only enjoy your tour of duty but benefit immensely.

Former USAF SSgt
Former USAFR TSgt
Former Ohio ANG MSgt
Former CAP 2/Lt
Retired DOD GS-13

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-18-2003 05:07: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

I think women should do whatever they are capable of. But human nature is such that most men will do almost anything to protect a woman. On the other hand a platoon of women during their cycle would be unstoppable.

Hey Miranda, you say you plan on joining, but you don't say why? Let's hear your reasons.

i commend you for wanting to join the service and protect our country. i thought about it at one point but decided it wasnt for me. i agree with some of the posts above, the military is majority men...men act differently around women so i dont think its a good idea to put women on the front lines, not that they arent capable, but it might actually handicap the troop more than help it. (not by the womans fault...just human nature)
az79

Uh-oh. Me 'n Paws almost agree on something. Someone alert the media....
One of the reasons I bailed out of the Navy up here is because they started trying to integrate women onto our destroyers. Bad call. The performance of my crack Sonar team went down significantly- not because the women were no good, but because the guys were so damned busy trying to impress them.
Simply, men cannot be in combat situations with women- we are too stupid to treat them the same way we treat other men. Heck, I'm the same way at my job now- a man's instinct, right or wrong, is to protect a woman.
Now, in order to placate the goils who want Naval combat, we've come up with a pretty good idea in Canada... female-only warships. Seems to be working.

Gotta agree with Yukon. I spent 10 years in the navy. When I got to a command that had women all the guys were thinking with the wrong head. People got hurt. I commend you Mandi, it's a very noble thing, but pick your specialty carefully. get it all in writintg. Best of luck.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-18-2003 11:27: Message edited by: 2fastnaz ]</font>

Gatto agree with Yukon. I spent 10 years in the navy. When I got to a command that had women all the guys were thinking with the wrong head. People got hurt. I commend you Mandi, it's a very noble thing, but pick your specialty carefully. get it all in writintg.

QD you said

Woman can do everything and anything that men can do.

Well me being a women I have to say there is a lot that I cant do that A man can do.

But yes we can do some of the things a man can do.

Miranda if that is what you really want to do then go for it but before you do think things out all the way.

hey the main reason I wanna join the military is because I want to defend my country. It is a good job to have. I have my heart set on it. Most teenagers are in a job for money but not me. money is good but it doesn't matter to me. I wanna have a good job that I can be proud of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back