Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hey Guys!

Gater

Hey everyone,

I was FINALLY able to get my confirmation email to go through so I could confirm my account and I'm looking forward to being on this site. A quick rundown on me and my hunting experience - I grew up in Kansas hunting small game, upland birds, waterfowl, turkeys, coyotes and deer. After grad school, I took a job in CA where I met some great guys who were into predator hunting and I gained a lot of experience calling for predators (mainly coyotes). That's still one of my favorite hunting activities. I ended up taking a job with the same company in Michigan for a few years and did a little bow hunting up north before getting transferred to New Jersey where I continued bow hunting.

I've since left that company and taken a job in the North Dallas area of Texas. I haven't been shooting my bow now that I live in a residential neighborhood, but I'd like to dust it off and start up again soon. I've been mainly focusing on rifle hunting and looking for a reasonable lease in Texas. I was shocked when I moved to TX - I expected TX hunting to be commercialized, but not to the degree it is. Still looking for a reasonable lease, but my wife and I had twins last year (also have a 6 year old - all girls) - so my time and financial resources have been limited and spending big money on a lease has been a low priority. Now that the girls are getting older, it'll be easier to break away some, so I'm hoping I can find a lease soon though. My 6yo is showing an interest in hunting, so I want to make sure she has access to those experiences while she's still impressionable.

I've also been looking at doing some more out of state hunting. I love hunting out west, so I'll start researching DIY pronghorn, elk and mule deer hunts in nearby western states. We have a small family farm in Kansas that I try to get back to every rifle season, so that gives me something to look forward to each December. My dad and I also went to South Africa in 2018 and I'm hoping some day the finances allow me to go back. I'd love for my wife to go this time and experience the dark continent.

Thanks everyone - keep me in your thoughts if you run across any north Texas lease opportunities!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back