Picked up my 2009 Coues from the taxidermist yesterday-
P1020408.jpg

Without a doubt the coolest buck I have taken-
P1020406.jpg

And he does dominate the herd fo' sho'
P1020409.jpg

Thanks for looking boyz-

Dave

Dude he's an old warrior! Look at all the knicks and scars on his cape. Cool brow tines and mass. Congrats!

Beautiful old buck.. accent on the old part.. He's about as heavy as any I've seen.

Thanks for the comments fella's- not sure what science they use to figure it out without looking at the teeth but he was estimated to be in the 7/yo range.
All three of those bucks were taken within two miles of each other and come from a unit that isn't known for quality or quantity when it comes to Coues. There were always a few but you had to strap on the big pack and hike into to the wilderness to get them so in years past we hunted it archery for mule deer as they tended to stay down in the cactus. In 2006 that little dude on the right wandered into low land and I had no choice but to put an arrow in him- since then the muley's are scarce and the WT quality keeps going up.
Here were the intended targets last year, needless to say they are still cruising the hills. Since AZGFD found it in their hearts to give me another tag, they are now on the clock:
P1010619.jpg
P1010623.jpg
Sorry for the quality- spotting scope, low light, long ways away......

Dave

Nice herd of coues bucks on the wall and the two live ones are awesome. Someday...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back