Yeti GOBOX Collection

Her first big fish

I've spent the better part of 4 years up at Ft. Peck fishing out of my canoe hoping for a walleye with no luck. Lots of smallmouth and northern pike but never any walleye. I told my fiance I'm cursed. Well this last week I finally broke my curse and caught my first walleye, a 2 pounder. But just to keep my ego in check my fiance caught the next fish a 6#, 26.5 inch walleye. We added one more that day.

We went back up this last Sunday since the weather and wind was favorable for my small 14' boat (I finally upgraded after years of wanting one thanks to Craig's list for a used aluminum and northern tool for the trailer kit). We had a heck of a day to say the least. For the first time in my life we limited out on walleye, got 7 smallmouth with 3 in the 3# range and she humbled me again by catching an 11# northern pike. It was amusing to have her ask me "Is he almost done fighting cause my hands and arms hurt." It took her 20 mintues on 4# test to catch him. I told her she was very lucky since the fuzzy grub was in his mouth and she didn't have a leader on.

Attachments

• Tamber's Northern Pike 6-6-10.jpg
    Tamber's Northern Pike 6-6-10.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Our fish 6-6-10.jpg
    Our fish 6-6-10.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Congrats to both of you. I better not let my wife read this thread, or she will have her boat packed and we will be headed to Hell Creek the following morning. Hmmmm......I think I will send her the link to this thread.

Those are some good ones. Nice to know the water level is back up and the fishing will return to its glory days of the 1990's. Given how hard it rained here the last week, the big bath tub night be at full pool by July 1st.

I left my long sleeve shirt off for 2 hours to "lose" my farmer's tan and now I'll pay for it for 2 or 3 days, lol.

Last edited:
I'll try to post pics of the Marina I took. Some cottonwoods that were about 50 yards or so from the water are now inside the water by about 100 yards. When Tamber pulled up the webcam from the marina I had to ask her if it was the right one since all the docks were in the water and most fo the dirt that was visible was gone.

Last edited:
Here's the pic of the marina. I'm still trying to figure out the posting pictures process to get the last pic up.

Attachments

• Hell Creek Marina b 6-4-10.jpg
    Hell Creek Marina b 6-4-10.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Very nice! Great pics - looks like a great day fishing! Thanks for sharing.

Nice catch,and here I thought you only had good trout fishing and so so fishing for other species.I knew I should off moved west years ago.

Well, You know the old saying. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and create a liar for a lifetime. Guess the same is true with women.

That's a great stringer..

Back