Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Help understanding WY draws odds (<)

Hunt&FishCO

I need some help understanding two parts or reading WY draw odds. How can applicants have (<) or partial perference points?

For doe / fawn draw odds - how do you read this? Did 35 of the 359 first choice applicants get a tag?

Sorry for the dumb questions - I’ll reach out to WYFG tomorrow. Nothing obvious came up in HT, Google, or WYFG website.

FDABA563-FD28-4613-9D6D-B41BC656C9A3.jpeg

Partial points comes from averaging points in a party, 1 person with 1 point and 1 person with 0 points = <1. Yes, 35 of the first choice applicants got a tag. Everybody else got nothing!

And, just an FYI; when preference points are averaged the average is carried to four decimal points.

So, a group with a 2.3016 average would draw before a group with a 2.3015 average.

ClearCreek

WY averages and rounds to 4 places as pointed out by CC.

You see the less than, = to, and greater than symbols, because they format the report for size. A full report with every point group, 1.000, 1.1667, 1.200, 1.2500, 1.3333, etc would be too big to be practical.

Last edited:
I need some help understanding two parts or reading WY draw odds. How can applicants have (<) or partial perference points?

For doe / fawn draw odds - how do you read this? Did 35 of the 359 first choice applicants get a tag?

Sorry for the dumb questions - I’ll reach out to WYFG tomorrow. Nothing obvious came up in HT, Google, or WYFG website.

View attachment 171788

is that for ANTELOPE GMU-44? (-06) :geek: those odds have been dropping every year. they've been cutting Tags there every year since 2016.
you can also call WY G&F and ask about specific unit and if they're going to increase/drop quota again? otherwise those odds may drop even more.

OP i just PM'd you quick snapshot of my excel file/odds for that unit :)

It’s really fun when you have a group of 5 that have been building points and one guy forgets even after about 15 reminders and pulls the group average down 3/4 of a point

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back