MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Help settle an on-going debate.

Who's faster?

• Sonic the Hedgehog

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Flash

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters
All I know is that when I was young I was much faster than I am now. I was in a hurry and while using an electric drill, I plugged in an extension cord and ran to the other end to plug in the drill and the electricity was already there. So I believe that proves electricity is pretty fast...

I'm not super familiar with Sonic but I don't recall him time traveling.
Ugh, don't get me started. The show is so inconsistent with his speed. In one episode he's outrunning a nuclear explosion. The next he's not quite fast enough for (insert any other random thing from various episodes). Seems to me that if you can do that first thing you shouldn't ever be too slow ever again.

I had to stop watching the inconsistencies drove me nuts. This might be more suited for the pet peeve thread lol.

Ugh, don't get me started. The show is so inconsistent with his speed. In one episode he's outrunning a nuclear explosion. The next he's not quite fast enough for (insert any other random thing from various episodes). Seems to me that if you can do that first thing you shouldn't ever be too slow ever again.

I had to stop watching the inconsistencies drove me nuts. This might be more suited for the pet peeve thread lol
Its amazing to see how peoples brains work. Maybe its because I was young when the Flash was popular with me.
Sonic, a reference to a sonic boom, therefore the speed of sound. The Flash, referencing the speed of light, ergo The Flash is quite a bit faster.
This does sound like a pure scientific explanation but look who it is coming from lol

Its amazing to see how peoples brains work. Maybe its because I was young when the Flash was popular with me.

This does sound like a pure scientific explanation but look who it is coming from lol
Don't get me wrong, I still love the character. But the current show just lost me after a couple seasons due to that. It's like the one thing the creators/writers should have paid particular attention to when drawing up story lines. Like, if he can outrun a nuclear blast, and time travel, then he should never, ever miss catching a bullet.

Leave it to @wllm1313 🤣🤣
What no charts/graphs???😉
One moment.

So @ajricketts here’s the thing with the speed of sound.
1611323501766.gif
1611323432342.png
1611323541521.jpeg
I think it’s reasonable that under some circumstances sonic would be able to outrun the blast wave of a nuclear bomb and under some he wouldn’t. The pressure wave is flirting right around the speed of sound while a bullet is going quite a bit faster.

Sonic ain’t catching a RUM but I bet he could catch a sub sonic .22.

One moment.

So @ajricketts here’s the thing with the speed of sound.
View attachment 170928
View attachment 170927
View attachment 170929
I think it’s reasonable that under some circumstances sonic would be able to outrun the blast wave of a nuclear bomb and under some he wouldn’t. The pressure wave is flirting right around the speed of sound while a bullet is going quite a bit faster.

Sonic ain’t catching a RUM but I bet he could catch a sub sonic .22.

I was, uh, talking about the Flash there. I mentioned that in the prior post that @Mudranger1 quoted of mine . . . sorry for wasting your time . .

giphy.gif

I was, uh, talking about the Flash there. I mentioned that in the prior post that @Mudranger1 quoted of mine . . . sorry for wasting your time . .

giphy.gif
Chit chit... loop hole.

Speed of neurons.

Technically he can travel faster than he can react. Catching a bullet is reaction.

So he should be able to over take a bullet/out race one, but might not be able to snatch it.

Assuming he has a normal brain, and paranormal muscles.

Chit chit... loop hole.

Speed of neurons.

Technically he can travel faster than he can react. Catching a bullet is reaction.

So he should be able to over take a bullet/out race one, but might not be able to snatch it.

Assuming he has a normal brain, and paranormal muscles.
But doesn't all of the apply to a nuclear explosion as well? C'mon man! Dig deep, you can do this!

But doesn't all of the apply to a nuclear explosion as well? C'mon man! Dig deep, you can do this!
Depends on his starting point, if he’s 800 yards away from a nuclear pressure window traveling ~780Mph that gives more time for a reaction than a 9mm shot at him from 40 yards going ~780Mph.

Now if he’s at ground zero of the blast he’s hosed.

Now if he knows either is coming and can anticipate it... like a count down, that changes the equation...

Depends on his starting point, if he’s 800 yards away from a nuclear pressure window traveling ~780Mph that gives more time for a reaction than a 9mm shot at him from 40 yards going ~780Mph.

Now if he’s at ground zero of the blast he’s hosed.

Now if he knows either is coming and can anticipate it... like a count down, that changes the equation...
Ground zero, longbow range.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back