Yeti GOBOX Collection

Help choosing a new rifle scope?

ginkgo72

I bought a Remington 700 XCRII in .338 win mag - and I'm looking to top it with a scope that has a good field of view...for moose in alaska and as a backup for elk in the west. Anyone have a good suggestion?
thanks in advance

For moose you will be fine with open sights.:rolleyes: Not too hard to get close to them, at least for the Shiras I have hunted.

What timing I picked up a Sako A7 yesterday in 300 wsm and have been looking for something to top it with. I hope to stay under a couple hundred bucks.

VX II 3x9x40....just under 300 bucks ginkgo.

...worth the extra hundred 6speed.

I got the VXIII last year for my gun after some suggestions on here.Very happy with the scope.if you have the extra money, I'd recommend that

Read lots of good on the vortex line and will look into it for my next gun but As of now all my guns wear various Nikon glass and I love every one of them

Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36 or VX-II 3-9x40

Don't buy into all of the 10+ power or 50mm hype. Just more weight and bulk.

You guys are worth your weight in words. thank you. I'd love to keep it under or around $500. Leupold is a good option. thank you.

my wifes remington 700 30-06 is topped with a VX3 with a 50mil objective. That set up makes me feel like a marine sniper. I won't even take my rifle anymore after shooting hers.

I just put a Vortex Viper 4-16x44 LR on a Howa 7mag and LOVE it. Its crystal clear and the adjustments are right on. Delivered to my door for just under $500

I'm a Zeiss groupie, but some of the Vortex scopes I've looked through are pretty darn nice

This may sound odd but I can get a Leupold mark ar for less than a vx1. I know its set up for a 223 but I don't plan on using the dial a distance feature much anyway so that part doesn't have much effect but my concern is even though Leupold says the scope meets all the same qualifications of a mark 4 would it really hold up on a higher recoil gun.

Some people may think I am crazy, however, the Cabelas scopes are really nice. Take a look at one before you make a decision and ask some questions about who makes them and such. You will be very surprised. Also if they do break ever or have any problems you can just exchange them in the store. I have put one on my Savage .30-06 and love it and family members have been purchasing them since as well.

Leupold VX-2 3-9X40MM DUPLEX MAT $286 shipped
ZIESS CONQUEST 3-9X40 Z-PLEX MAT $415 shipped
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10X40MM DPLX MAT $460 shipped
PM me if interested

Leupold FX-3 6x42 would be my pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a 3-9x40 Redfield Revolution from Dicks for $150.00. Made by Leupold right here in the USA and backed by their full lifetime warranty.....couldn't be happier with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back