Help an idiot

In all honesty, the way montana has their heritage season structured is bullchit but I can see how people get into it. They are fun and challenging to shoot.

In all honesty, the way montana has their heritage season structured is bullchit but I can see how people get into it. They are fun and challenging to shoot.
It’s the way a muzzleloader hunt should be. Except it should be unit specific draw and not after a full on rut rifle hunt for deer. Regardless I might get one within the year if they become available to try it

And where do I get a coonskin hat? Did you see the longarm fisheye archery tiny mule deer I shot and what I dressed in? And yes I actually had that on when I shot the deer.

And where do I get a coonskin hat? Did you see the longarm fisheye archery tiny mule deer I shot and what I dressed in? And yes I actually had that on when I shot the deer.
I saw that hawg you took in your beer drinken outfit. You really need to start planning. You’re not going to have much of a hunt for a coon this week in -30 degrees. It’s going to be like hunting for a mature deer on public land during general. Of course you know what I’m talking about

Absolutely. Next step is getting it to fire after a long snow mobile ride in deep snow. Im planning to write a book and put on a master class.
If you put it on YouTube I’ll subscribe and like.

Ok. What am I doing wrong? I have a cva hawkens percussion purchased used on gunbroker. When I first got it. It seemed like the hammer was dragging a little and it would take multiple drops of the hammer to go off. I changed out the nipple. Loosened the screw that goes all the way through the gun and holds the hammer assembly. I oiled up the hammer group and that seemed to help a bunch. I had it loaded up for about 4 days and when I shot yesterday. Took multiple attempts to pop the cap. Should I change out the main spring? I have an extra one or is it more likely something is still in the hammer binding?
Just get an in line

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back