Help an idiot

In all honesty, the way montana has their heritage season structured is bullchit but I can see how people get into it. They are fun and challenging to shoot.

In all honesty, the way montana has their heritage season structured is bullchit but I can see how people get into it. They are fun and challenging to shoot.
It’s the way a muzzleloader hunt should be. Except it should be unit specific draw and not after a full on rut rifle hunt for deer. Regardless I might get one within the year if they become available to try it

And where do I get a coonskin hat? Did you see the longarm fisheye archery tiny mule deer I shot and what I dressed in? And yes I actually had that on when I shot the deer.

And where do I get a coonskin hat? Did you see the longarm fisheye archery tiny mule deer I shot and what I dressed in? And yes I actually had that on when I shot the deer.
I saw that hawg you took in your beer drinken outfit. You really need to start planning. You’re not going to have much of a hunt for a coon this week in -30 degrees. It’s going to be like hunting for a mature deer on public land during general. Of course you know what I’m talking about

Absolutely. Next step is getting it to fire after a long snow mobile ride in deep snow. Im planning to write a book and put on a master class.
If you put it on YouTube I’ll subscribe and like.

Ok. What am I doing wrong? I have a cva hawkens percussion purchased used on gunbroker. When I first got it. It seemed like the hammer was dragging a little and it would take multiple drops of the hammer to go off. I changed out the nipple. Loosened the screw that goes all the way through the gun and holds the hammer assembly. I oiled up the hammer group and that seemed to help a bunch. I had it loaded up for about 4 days and when I shot yesterday. Took multiple attempts to pop the cap. Should I change out the main spring? I have an extra one or is it more likely something is still in the hammer binding?
Just get an in line

Back