Hello!

Musket Man

Hi everyone! Im new to this forum but I recognize quite a few of you from Eastmans. I hunt and apply for points in a few states and do my best to go on atleast 1 DIY out of state hunt every year. I hunt rifle and muzzleloader and plan to start bow hunting in the next year or 2.

Welcome to our little part of the world wide web. Look forward to reading your stories and seeing your pics.

I'll jump in here as well. Not trying to steal Musket Man's thunder but I wanted to introduce myself as well. I am brand new to public hunting. I've never hunted on one piece of public land much less anything our West. Been dreaming about it since I was about 11 years old. In fact, I never knew much anything about public land hunting until watching OYOA and Fresh Tracks. I gotta hand it to ya Mr. Randy, I never realized how much of a reality hunting Western big game could be for me until watching your shows! I'm from central Texas, grew up farming and ranching and always had land to hunt plus unlimited access to A LOT of neighbors property. The same places year after year for 3+ decades has completely taken the challenge out of hunting in my area. I'm looking forward to the challenges public land and BIG country have to offer. I really enjoy everyone's commentary. Very professional atmosphere. Again, not trying to steal your thunder Musket Man but figured this could be a good place for me or any other new comer to introduce his/herself.

Welcome 257! Dont worry about stealing any thunder on me. You could also start your own thread and introduce yourself if you like. Im sure public land can offer the challenges you are looking for. From being over run by the orange army to are there any deer in this unit or Im sure my camp is here somewhere! lol. Its always a challenge but well worth it when it finally comes together for you!

To MM and 2-5-7....welcome aboard and to the lively discussions!! I hope you both have some tags coming this fall and are lucky enough to find great adventure!!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Drawing any tags this year is not looking very good without alot of luck although I am really hoping for a deer or antelope tag in NV. OTC elk in Idaho will most likely be my main hunt this year along with muzzleloader whitetails here at home. Next year I should have a good chance at a ML deer tag in CO! Im happy if I just get to go hunting somewhere!

Back