Hello from Washington

jungro

Hello from Whidbey Island!

Moved out here about 2.5 years ago fro North West Pennsylvania! A lot of deer stand hunting back there, Western style has been exciting but has come with some challenges.
I’ve got 2 boys who I’ve brought along some of my hunts out here and we’re having a lot of fun. As they get older, it’s be fun to start connecting.
Thanks for having me!

Welcome, Jungro! Never hunted Whidbey but there is a lot of deer on the island. Access as you probably know is the problem. I have hunted Guemes Island a little to the north of you that has a little bit of public but you'll need to take a 10 min ferry ride. Great hunting to ya!

Moved out here about 2.5 years ago fro North West Pennsylvania! A lot of deer stand hunting back there, Western style has been exciting but has come with some challenges.
I’ve got 2 boys who I’ve brought along some of my hunts out here and we’re having a lot of fun. As they get older, it’s be fun to start connecting.
Thanks for having me!
Welcome, Jungro
There is some great deer hunting opportunity on the Olympic Penninsula, and plenty of public access. I lived in Port Angeles and Sequim for a few years.... Plenty of deer!

Have Fun & Good Luck!!

Welcome, Jungro
There is some great deer hunting opportunity on the Olympic Penninsula, and plenty of public access. I lived in Port Angeles and Sequim for a few years.... Plenty of deer!

Have Fun & Good Luck!!
Thanks Smokeybarrel!
Funny you should mention that — The Buckhorn Wilderness outside of Sequim is where my avatar picture was taken. The boys and I went up there for the high hunt!

Welcome, Jungro! Never hunted Whidbey but there is a lot of deer on the island. Access as you probably know is the problem. I have hunted Guemes Island a little to the north of you that has a little bit of public but you'll need to take a 10 min ferry ride. Great hunting to ya!
Thanks Michael — I’ve got 5 acres here and plenty of deer in the “yard”. I’m going to speak with the neighbors about possibly hunting on my property. I’ll look into Guemes as well!!

Thanks Smokeybarrel!
Funny you should mention that — The Buckhorn Wilderness outside of Sequim is where my avatar picture was taken. The boys and I went up there for the high hunt!
Gorgeous area up there in the high country. If you haven't already, make a pit stop before marmots pass at Tubal Caine mines (shallow 5'-6' tall, maybe 40' deep). I believe they were expedition exploratory copper mines.
Directly above the first mine you'll find a well known (B-17 carfo?) plane crash with many parts of the plane scattered in shallow marsh. Great camping spots right there before hiking up into the pass. Very easy hike, 4.5- 5.5 miles of flat well groomed trail. Good day hike for a family.
I resided in Sequim for 3+ years and had a alot of fun waterfowl hunting the coast and exploring The Olympics....I've yet to step foot on Whidbey Is.
Cheers - Smokeybarrel

Thanks for having me!
Welcome! Great to hear your boys love it. How old were they when you started bringing them out? I have a daughter and am not sure when would be a good starting age.

Back