Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hello from SE Kansas

Bow Junkie

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself.My name is Josh, and have a beautiful wife and 1 year old daughter who I plan to bring up in the outdoors. I was born and raised in southeast Kansas and have been an outdoor enthusiast my entire life. I have hunted, fished, and trapped every type of game big and small that Kansas has to offer. Most of the big game hunting I've done has been from a ground blind or tree stand in the dense timber we have here in SE Kansas. I have just recently broadened my horizon to western big game and am excited to make this one of my passions. This past fall I was able to take my first mule deer and antelope in western KS and now I'm hooked. I look forward to sharing stories and knowledge with all of you!!!

Josh

Here's the mule deer and antelope I took last year. Looking to add an elk to my resume in September! Kansas Antelope.jpgKansas Mule Deer.jpg

Welcome neighbor! How far SE are you? I too took a KS pronghorn last year and will be after Mule deer in KS this season. I alternate years SE whitetails to NW muledeer.

Glad to have another Kansan aboard.

I live in Pittsburg very SE corner of the state I'm 12 miles from Missouri and 20 from oklahoma. We hunted mule deer and antelope around the Scott City area last year year during the muzzle loader season.

Weedwacker42,

Welcome I am just east of you in Augusta. We might have to schedule a meet and greet for the Kansas contingency here some time.

Absolutely. And if you know of any good Kansas "mountains" to climb for training I'd love to hear about them. I've even thought of trying to figure out how to get on land in the Flint Hills to hike.

I live in Pittsburg very SE corner of the state I'm 12 miles from Missouri and 20 from oklahoma. We hunted mule deer and antelope around the Scott City area last year year during the muzzle loader season.

Lived in Wichita for two years while in the service, have very distant kin in the Dighton area whose forebears were soddies, and a very good friend in Hays. I don't know which I like the most, the state or the people of Kansas.

Welcome to the forum. I have hunted turkeys with an outfitter over by cherryvale. My boy won a free guided youth hunt when we were at the Iowa deer classic. I would love to get back down that way again on a diy hunt.

Weedwacker42,

Welcome I am just east of you in Augusta. We might have to schedule a meet and greet for the Kansas contingency here some time.

My wife's family is from Cheney and I'm out there a couple times a month. My best friend and hunting hunting buddy lives there also. We've been getting ready for an Idaho archery elk trip in September. I've been hiking the mined land here around Pittsburg to get in shape but "mountains" are virtually nonexistent in my area.

Welcome to the forum. I have hunted turkeys with an outfitter over by cherryvale. My boy won a free guided youth hunt when we were at the Iowa deer classic. I would love to get back down that way again on a diy hunt.

Lots of turkeys and big whitetails around here I'm about an hour and a half east of Cherryvale. Plenty of public land that holds turkeys if you know where to look. Hit me up if you decide to come hunting.

Lived in Wichita for two years while in the service, have very distant kin in the Dighton area whose forebears were soddies, and a very good friend in Hays. I don't know which I like the most, the state or the people of Kansas.

Lots of big muleys in Dighton we hunted in that area some last year. Not as flat as you would imagine.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back