Hello From North Carolina Raleigh Durham area

1NCguy

Hello guys and gals. Only been lurking a few days and thought I'd dive in. Haven't been out west but thinking of making my first trip next year to hunt pronghorn with my son for his senior trip. Thinking pronghorn would be a good place to start. But still felling overwhelmed. And nervous. I blame Mr. Newberg for putting this thought in my head lol. And I don't even know the guy. Anyway just wanted to get my feet wet here.

I'm from Fayetteville, NC. Just went on my first Western this year and as Genesis says, I'm hooked. Which state are you considering for your hunt?

I'm from Fayetteville, NC. Just went on my first Western this year and as Genesis says, I'm hooked. Which state are you considering for your hunt?

Thanks for the welcome.
Genesis I thinking Wyoming as it has the most Antelope from what I have found. I know more then likely I will be hunting doe. As I have no points. But that's ok. I would like a buck tag if possible for my son as he is going to the military after high school. I don't know when I'm likely to get a chance like this with him again. I just have a lot to try and learn in the next year

I spent the requisite four years in Jacksonville and then moved to raleigh for several years. Loved it there.

Welcome to the forums, Pronghorn is great way to start: low cost, ease of tag, hunt is straight forward (comparatively.)

I spent the requisite four years in Jacksonville and then moved to raleigh for several years. Loved it there.

Welcome to the forums, Pronghorn is great way to start: low cost, ease of tag, hunt is straight forward (comparatively.)

You must have been at Camp Lejeune. Did you hunt the game lands around Falls Lake.

Welcome from North Raleigh. I am in the same boat of trying to decide on my first western hunt. Look forward to hopefully connecting and bouncing ideas off each other. This is a dangerous place for decision making on hunts!

Welcome....You are on the right track with the pronghorn. I too spent some time in NC (mine in Fayette-nam, however) before getting Uncle Sugar to move me to CO. I will never live without real mountains again ;) You will find all kinds of great information here.

Thanks for the welcome.
Genesis I thinking Wyoming as it has the most Antelope from what I have found. I know more then likely I will be hunting doe. As I have no points. But that's ok. I would like a buck tag if possible for my son as he is going to the military after high school. I don't know when I'm likely to get a chance like this with him again. I just have a lot to try and learn in the next year

I've not hunted Antelope before nor Wyoming but if they have anywhere near the number of Antelope I saw in Colorado last week you should be doing just fine. We probably saw over 2,000 up near the CO/WY boarder near Baggs, WY. It was insane to see that many wild animals but literally you couldnt look in any direction without finding a herd. I'm actually gonna start building points to try to hunt Antelope there in the next couple years.

Back