Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hello from Idaho

jacksonforq

Good afternoon. I(24 year old male) am a relatively experienced Texas whitetail, boar, water fowl, and Uplands Bird hunter who recently moved to Idaho. I feel like I just moved into the big leagues, now that I actually have to track and stalk.

Welcome From North Idaho.

Where in Idaho are you? Tell us a little about yourself.

Change those license plates ASAP.
Im in the Boise area. Moved up here in the summer for a large pay increase and a chance to enjoy some mountains. I'm used to little deer and big pigs.

What areas/units you looking to hunt?
I have a buddy who pulled an nr general deer tag for Unit 24 for 2023. I have some familiarity of places like boulder creek, boulder meadows reservoir, and Cruikshank reservoir. Ive done some fishing and mild hiking in those general areas in the fall.
I will be a 6 month+ resident by the time I can get a resident tag, so I will be hunting mule deer with him out there.

I have a buddy who pulled an nr general deer tag for Unit 24 for 2023. I have some familiarity of places like boulder creek, boulder meadows reservoir, and Cruikshank reservoir. Ive done some fishing and mild hiking in those general areas in the fall.
I will be a 6 month+ resident by the time I can get a resident tag, so I will be hunting mule deer with him out there.
Nice, my son and I just got our nonresi tags yesterday for unit 20.. Don't really know much about area besides a lot of wilderness, almost no roads and it's steep tough country..lol.. gonna be some work.. It took us about 5 hrs to get tags online, crazy!

Nice, my son and I just got our nonresi tags yesterday for unit 20.. Don't really know much about area besides a lot of wilderness, almost no roads and it's steep tough country..lol.. gonna be some work.. It took us about 5 hrs to get tags online, crazy!
5 hours is pretty nice. My friend took over 9 hours. Shit was crazy.

I moved to Boise from Oklahoma 15 + years ago. Guess I might be your neighbor ish. It’s a change going from 6+ deer tags a year to one. But being able to park the truck on the side of the road and walk all day makes up for it all.

I moved to Boise from Oklahoma 15 + years ago. Guess I might be your neighbor ish. It’s a change going from 6+ deer tags a year to one. But being able to park the truck on the side of the road and walk all day makes up for it all.
Absolutely. I'm loving the public land here.

I also purchased a NR general unit 24 deer tag. Doing a lot of e-scouting as this will be my first Idaho hunt. Feeling pretty confident since I had success hunting WA state public land general season. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back