Hello from Colorado!

COrookie

Hey, new hear and look forward to the forum. I've actually never been a part of a forum ever so this is all really new.

Born and raised in the foothills of West metro. Was a great place to grow, day time playing in the hills and creek, and when I got a little older I had many night playing in town.

Love fly fishing, and done a fair bit of small game and upland hunting. I love chasing small game, but I've never been more interested in big game and it's time to pull trigger and get my toes wet. Also, I'm completely self taught in the world of hunting.

I'd say I'm fairly proficient in outdoor skills excluding big game hunting. I've been a survival instructor, done a bit of rock climbing, white water sports, and overall have many nights in the woods, often solo.

My name refers that I'm a forever rookie, the day I stop learning is the day I lose it all. That's what I'm here for, learning. Any questions, please feel free ask.

Welcome to the forum! What are your hunt plans this fall?
Rifle bear hunt second week of September, mule deer last week of October, and I picked up a doe tag for December on a specific smaller tract of public land only.

Also various small game and bird excursions. Small game will compromise with squirrel and rabbit. Birds will be pheasant, chukkar, grouse, and possibly ptarmigan.

Welcome! What kind of squirrels do you hunt?
Pine squirrel up in the hills and fox out east on the prairie. That being said, I don't have a good fox squirrel spot so if you know of a good area that I can get into them more often message me lol Pine aren't the most popular in terms of taste, but they are fun as heck to hunt down, and every once in awhile you get a good one that tastes great.

Pine squirrel up in the hills and fox out east on the prairie. That being said, I don't have a good fox squirrel spot so if you know of a good area that I can get into them more often message me lol Pine aren't the most popular in terms of taste, but they are fun as heck to hunt down, and every once in awhile you get a good one that tastes great.

Yea I tried the pine squirrel thing but I struggle to stomach them. I have yet to kill a fox squirrel in Colorado on public land, so I'm of no help there. I took a few Abert's last year, but they are tough to find.

Yea I tried the pine squirrel thing but I struggle to stomach them. I have yet to kill a fox squirrel in Colorado on public land, so I'm of no help there. I took a few Abert's last year, but they are tough to find.
How are the Aberts in terms of table fair?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back