Has anybody here recently bought a new over/under shotgun for under $700 that he really likes?

Really, I didn’t know buckshot was actually still legal anywhere. What state do they hunt?
It’s legal in a bunch of states I killed deer in Montana using buck shot, it’s legal here in MA as well though I haven’t had an opportunity to use it.

@RobertD My only concern with slugs with a SXS or O/U would be the choke, some have fixed chokes and you want it as open as possible.

Kenworth has dropped the KENWORTH badge off the hood noses of their Euro-styled trucks but still has thankfully retained it on their classic American style trucks. Motorola has gotten rid of the label MOTOROLA spelled out on their latest phones. There is just an M symbol on the back of the phone now. My older E6 still has MOTOROLA printed at the bottom of the screen. It's global symbolism and a conspiracy against the English language and western European culture. How I hate "press 1 for English". Michael Savage is right. Language, Borders, Culture.

I am glad someone is finally getting to the bottom of this.

visible.jpg

Kenworth has dropped the KENWORTH badge off the hood noses of their Euro-styled trucks but still has thankfully retained it on their classic American style trucks. Motorola has gotten rid of the label MOTOROLA spelled out on their latest phones. There is just an M symbol on the back of the phone now. My older E6 still has MOTOROLA printed at the bottom of the screen. It's global symbolism and a conspiracy against the English language and western European culture. How I hate "press 1 for English". Michael Savage is right. Language, Borders, Culture.
E7E28B0A-2448-47A8-9DA7-61A9133DD0BA.jpeg

Those telephones will still work where there is landline service and power outages, so you won't be able to recharge your cellular. Whenever there is a great world catastrophe, the Amish will bury us all.

We had a group of 10 amish guys hunting elk at the lodge this fall, they all had smart phones, they keep texting me pictures of whitetails they're killing...

Last edited:
Hmmm ... speaking of buckshot, this thread is certainly all over the place. A bunch of skybusting flock shooters. Aiming at everything and hitting nothing. Seems the target is way over their heads. 😆
This thread is still staying withing the realm of shotguns for the most part, but shotguns scatter things everywhere, I guess.

We had a group of 10 amish guys hunting elk at the lodge this fall, they all had smart phones, they keep texting me pictures of whitetails they're killing this fall...

TT is just that main character from Amish Mafia checking out Hunttalk under a false identity so the bishop won’t know he’s participating on a social media platform….

Anyway folks, let's get back to the original point of this thread: cheap over/unders people here might have bought recently. Unless it's about a new over/under you paid under $700 for, I want to hear no more about anything else.

On the subject of shotguns, I have been really happy with the two Winchester SXP’s I bought my boys.

Concerned about the looks at fit and finish on a $2700 Beretta but considering buying a $600 or $400 o/u instead, okay…
Yes, I would rather buy an under $700-minus over/under if it still passes my looks test though I'm never expecting perfection priced down that low. Beretta failed my looks test anyway. I figure if I'm going to buy a less-than-perfect-looking brand-new over/under anyway, might as well make it a cheapie. If the $2700 Beretta were made absolutely perfect to please my eyes 100% I might still consider it. One of my requirements would be to have SILVER PIGEON spelled out in full in the markings. I've seen $1,600+ Browning Citoris and they looked like junk from Japan.

Since 1964 essentially all pump shotguns are "modular with swappable barrels and stocks." Nothing unique about that. This shotgun will not wear well. The whitewood birch stock is stained walnut. Every little ding will show through white on a dark background. Blech! The Mossberg 500 is serviceable enough but clunky. For $400 you should be able to buy a used 870 Wingmaster and it's ten times the gun (avoid 870 Express!).
I like the Mossberg 500 because of the shell elevator that is up out of the way and the generous-size loading port. Remington 870's and others pinch my fingers and thumb so loading shells is slow and ponderous. I know for a fact I can get a cantilever slug barrel and a short tactical barrel for this Mossy 500 line. The gun I bought online already has my field barrel for dove. The Mossy 500 I have on order is slated to get a tactical barrel (maybe a slug barrel later on) and after it's tested and proven by me at the range, the Remington 870 Express, with its finger-pinching loading port, I already have is slated to be auctioned off on GB.

Last edited:
You could always write SILVER PIGEON on there with a sharpie.
If you want to do that to your new $2K+ gun, please be my guest. I'm not a man who appreciates mickey-mouse workmanship on firearms, cars and many other things.

Anyway folks, let's get back to the original point of this thread: cheap over/unders people here might have bought recently. Unless it's about a new over/under you paid under $700 for, I want to hear no more about anything else.
I bought this used Citori two years ago for $700 US. Look for something of quality that's used.Citori case 1.JPG

Back