Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

harshest terrian you've ever hunted

one of the things i enjoy most about turkey huntin'is the stories that come up when you get a couple of turkey hunters together there individual experiences ect...here is a picture that for me so far had to be the hardest place to hunt turkeys.(maybe after this spring in texas i may change my mind!)
View

CTH, that looks like some really rugged country. I have never hunted Turkeys in that kind of country. I guess the roughest country I have hunted was mostly bluffs and steep draws. I am not talking mountains, just real steep *** hills.

[This message has been edited by Mountain Boomer (edited 02-13-2001).]

CTH, the swamps i hunt appear to be alot easier to hunt than that !!!! holy crap where do you get started in that ?????? where do the birds roost????? i dont see many trees!!!!

thats a very nice bird CTH, and to get'em out of the moonscape even better!! congrats!!!!

when you get back from this years hunts you will have to share the differences between the geographic locations, most of us just hunt locally to our areas so the differences will be interesting!!
thanks CTH keep'em commin!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

dko,
i'm sure i'll find plenty of challenges in fla!!

as for montana...you just start by glassing the "moon scape"....the birds thati was after roosted in the cottonwoods that line the streams ect.but your right theres not many trees at all!
my suggestion to anyone going out west for merriams....wear good sneakers....theres lots of walking involved....hehehe
but to be honest with you dko the part i enjoy most is meeting different people and LEARNING FROM THEM...because when you go someplace new...you need to listen to the people around there ...your in there neck of the woods now....makes for good stories and hopefully good friendships

CTH, you have deffinetly come to the right place for friendships these folks here are by far the most knowledgable and fun loving group ive ever met in my life, most ive never met in person but i would hesitate in a minute to hunt with alot of folks here!!! we are looking forward to more input from ya and i will e-mail you my contact numbers, if ya get a chance while your here i would make it a point to come meet ya in person!!
biggrin.gif
. I totally agree the benefit that these boards have when researching a new area!!

take care CTH!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

CTH, im about an 1.5hr south of there, welaka is on the east side of the ocala national forest , i will e-mail you !!!

------------------
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back