Caribou Gear

Hard to work

Hilljackoutlaw

One more full day before the Idaho archery openers for deer and elk. Anybody else having a hard time getting thru the work day/week because of the anticipation of chasing game up and down mountains and river beds!! Christmas in August!
I hope this labor day weekend is full of animal encounters for everyone. Good luck and shoot straight!

I am heading over tomorrow to setup camp and check cams one last time. Gonna be a hot one, but numbers on elk seem very good.

Reactions: LCH
I hope you tag that big guy!
It would be pretty cool to put my hands on him! I think he is at his peak to. I see him going on the decline after this year. Seen it happen to a couple other bucks in that area over the last 6 years. Smart boogers they are. Got one that was a 155ish buck and then just fell off a cliff antler wise. Saw him for 3 more years and then he disappeared. The last pic of him he had spindly spikes about 15 inches wide and a fork on one side.

I am heading over tomorrow to setup camp and check cams one last time. Gonna be a hot one, but numbers on elk seem very good.
Lots of elk and healthy looking in the area I'm going to. I think our wet spring really helped the health of the herds. I also got many more mule deer on my elk cams this year than years passed which is nice to see.

One more full day before the Idaho archery openers for deer and elk. Anybody else having a hard time getting thru the work day/week because of the anticipation of chasing game up and down mountains and river beds!! Christmas in August!
I hope this labor day weekend is full of animal encounters for everyone. Good luck and shoot straight!
Crap, I'm not hunting Idaho until a rifle opener in October and I am having a hard time getting through the days now!

I'm trying like hell to clean up the last of my work before taking off 12 days starting on the 6th. I's hard because I keep checking out maps, apps, and gear lists trying to figure out if I can get just another edge.

Packing up tomorrow for a cast & blast weekend.

That's tolerable anticipation. Now if someone would stop feeding me photos of elk & deer they're seeing in my unit, I may get some work done.

Packing up tomorrow for a cast & blast weekend.

That's tolerable anticipation. Now if someone would stop feeding me photos of elk & deer they're seeing in my unit, I may get some work done.
Yea I got a feeling there will be alot more casting than blasting on our weekend hunt considering the heat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back