Hard to work

Well, at least I'll be distracted for the next few days since a hurricane has plans to attend our Labor Day party!
Why do all these Floridians wait until 2 days before impact to bombard the box stores for water and food and plywood and generators? Shouldn't you have most that stuff on hand if you live in hurricane land? I live in idaho and have a food and water supply. Not knocking these guys...I just dont understand it.

Why do all these Floridians wait until 2 days before impact to bombard the box stores for water and food and plywood and generators? Shouldn't you have most that stuff on hand if you live in hurricane land? I live in idaho and have a food and water supply. Not knocking these guys...I just dont understand it.

Not sure man. I usually run out and grab extra water but earlier than most. I always wonder about the plywood too since it always sells out. I guess people just throw it away afterwards? Mine is stored in my garage along with my metal shutters.

The funny thing to me too the food. They recommend 3 - 7 days of food. I don't think we ever have less than a week of food available lol. I might be eating rice and beans for a couple days but I can get through a week for sure. Not to mention the meat I'm going to be grilling if we end up without power for any length of time.

Forty nine days before my season starts in Colorado. I just started a new job six weeks ago and found out we work a lot of "mandatory" overtime from Oct-Dec. I have a feeling I will be arguing the fact that I applied and was hired to work the 3 day 12 hour shift for a reason. At least my boss has been nice enough to schedule my two weeks in Colorado, but I don't know how much hunting I'll get to do in my home state this year.

I'm looking at OnX and Google earth everyday. My map looks like it has the measles or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back