Hard or soft...

Elkhunter

Had a soft one for years and liked it a lot. I then bought a hard one that would hold two and like that also. The soft I like if taking just one rifle. When I go to camp I take two, so the hard one is nice and can be used for air travel. If I am taking the horse, I just use the scabbard instead of a case. My soft one has a broken zipper so i am going to get another one. When I go to the range I often take 3 rifles so I will get another soft one to replace the one I have.

ELKCHSR

I very rarly use one. Hard cases are to bulky, and the soft ones for archery don't make a thing to work around the stabilizer, so they really don't ever fit very well...
Rifles, I have a cases for a couple of my rifles, but neither see the inside of them often....Just because.... :D

Delw

I was a firm believer in a hard guncase until I figured the guns cant breath in there and rust very fast (within 3 hours here in AZ) now I use soft only if I use one at all....

I like the hard cases for archery equipment but they are big an bulky...

Delw

Calif. Hunter

I almost always use hard cases. I have two single rifle cases and two double rifle cases. Sometimes, a trip to the range requires more than that, though, and then I throw the "most expendable" rifle in the soft case. By expendable, I mean the one that will tick me off the least if it gets banged around or the scope gets knocked.

lilbiggun

Soft for me. Up here especially if you fly in a bush plane hard cases are a no-no because of the space. Plus I spend alot of time in my raft so a soft case fits into a gunboot to keep the rifle from getting wet. I have a double hard case incase I have to fly commercially.

JASON LEE

I have about 6 hard cases in garage, and about 4 soft cases, it all is determined by the situation, if I am going close to home and have an empty truck bead, hard is the way to go, if I am driving 2000 miles to montanny and back and have very little room to spare in SUV its soft all the way....then again if there is a fat chick around it all goes soft doesnt matter what we are talking about:D