Happy Wheel Gun Wednesday

An Anaconda that isn't expensive? mtmuley
Bought it used for $450 in 2000 could have got a smith or Ruger a hair cheaper. When I went to trade it was in excellent condition. I guess the valuable ones at the time were blued and in wood cases. They sat on it along time before selling.
 
Need details please! Love the bisleys grips. If I ever own another single-action it’ll be a Bisley.

7.5in Ruger Blackhawk 45 colt that I converted to a Bisley in the late 80s-early 90s. FA97 4.2in 45 colt. FA97 5&1/2in 32H&R/327. The two single six Bisleys are fixed sight models from the mid 80s. Solid cylinder is 32 H&R and fluted is 22lr. Both modified by Hamilton Bowen. Case hardening by Turnbull.
 
IMG_4951.jpeg

I’ve never really been much of a revolver guy, but I do really regret selling the Alaskan in .454 I had. The Smiths both came to me from my mom’s brothers after they passed, and the guns really fit their personalities too. The more serious of the two had a huge collection of guns, and held onto the practical 17-3 for a long time. The other was all about power and flash, so the 629-1 suited him perfectly. The Ruger is just for cheap fun at the range. I always wanted a Python, and can’t seem to stop finding 38/357 brass at the range, so I needed something to shoot it out of anyway.
 
How's the bark and bite with the Freedom?

Not bad at all. It’s the small frame 3.5” FA97 in .44 Special. I’ve got a very solid load built up for it: 300gr. Hardcast at 1,050 fps (*750 FPE). Very controllable and super accurate.

With normal .44 Special loads it’s a pussycat.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,154
Messages
2,251,545
Members
39,103
Latest member
s bic
Back
Top