MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Happy Veterans day

Missing my uncle Jerry today. He passed away since last veterans day. He served in Vietnam while my dad, Uncle Jerry's younger brother was in Ethiopia. Uncle Jerry volunteered for two more tours after his first tour in hopes it would keep my dad from having to be deployed to Vietnam.
Uncle Jerry carried a lot back with him from Vietnam for many years.
Last February uncle Jerry went into the hospital, his health was failing. I was able to get in and visit him. It was requested from some in my family to go try to talk to uncle Jerry about his souls salvation. When I entered his hospital room he was happy to see me. We visited a bit and I began to share the gospel with him and prayed with him and was able to be there as he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior. 3 or 4 days later my dad asked Uncle Jerry if he got saved and his reply was an emphatic "yes".
Uncle Jerry passed less than a week of our visit.

God bless our vets! Thank you for your service!
I hope every vet that struggles with PTSD and other issues find great peace.

Happy Veterans Day, HT veterans ... and many healthy, happy returns!

To those not here to celebrate this day, thank-you, bless you, and may you rest in peace.

Godspeed and safe return to family and loved ones to those military men and women stationed around the globe.

All suited up, ready to attend Gallatin Gateway School's outstanding Veterans Day Assembly.
(It took Crisco and WD40 to get that uniform on. 'Must have grown taller around the middle. ;) )

Veterans Day 2022.jpg

Glad to have been of service. I could have hid out in college for three more years but my draft lottery number was six so figured I may as well get it over with and let Uncle Sam pay for my education when I got out. Those three years shaped the rest of my life.

Happy Veterans Day, HT veterans ... and many healthy, happy returns!

To those not here to celebrate this day, thank-you, bless you, and may you rest in peace.

Godspeed and safe return to family and loved ones to those military men and women stationed around the globe.

All suited up, ready to attend Gallatin Gateway School's outstanding Veterans Day Assembly.
(It took Crisco and WD40 to get that uniform on. 'Must have grown taller around the middle. ;) )

View attachment 249606
Standing TALL.

Jim Hasterlik.jpg
Jim Hasterlik, Ski Bum.jpg

Jim Hasterlik 1923 – 2023
Jim Hasterlik was one of the original SKI BUMS who supported, promoted, and ran the skiing at Kings Hill / Showdown Ski Area near Neihart, MT. He owned the Ski Hut shop at Kings Hill and in Great Falls. His enthusiasm for skiing and his efforts to help kids and others enjoy skiing are legendary. The chronologically challenged SKI BUMS are a group of fun-loving friends who skied well into their eighties.

Jim at age 93 was given a party at the Neihart town park by his daughter, Kate. He said, “What’s this; it’s not my birthday?” Kate answered, “Well, you always wanted a wake … so here it is and you can enjoy it yourself!

This past weekend was the real celebration of his life after his recent passing. As a WWII Veteran and Naval officer, Jim received a formal military memorial, well conducted by The American Legion, with all the respectful honors, M1 rifle salute, and a bugler playing a perfect TAPS.

As per his wishes expressed in his usual lists and notes to family, the weekend included barbeque ribs and a huge bonfire on Friday. Then Saturday a large potluck with dishes coming from friends far and wide, together with a roasted pig and chicken. There were tents displaying military, skiing, and family memorabilia, as well as the many heart-shaped rocks collected over the years and to be taken home by guests as a memory of Jim. Shot glasses were produced for a celebratory toast and the hanging of his photo at Bob’s Bar, among those who also were “stars” in Neihart.

A well-lived life of a wonderful man … Rest In Peace, James Charles Hasterlik.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back