MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hankook tires?

swoleymammoth

Anyone tried Hankook Dynapro AT2's? Any experience with them in winter conditions? I'm looking to replace the stock Goodyear all seasons on my '18 Silverado 1500 and these look pretty good and at a reasonable price. Thanks!

I have a set of them that came oem on my 2019 f150

They are quiet, great on the highway and wet roads, but sloppy snow and ice not good at all

Greasy mud a fail also. I’ll be swapping them out this fall

I have a set of them that came oem on my 2019 f150

They are quiet, great on the highway and wet roads, but sloppy snow and ice not good at all

Greasy mud a fail also. I’ll be swapping them out this fall
Thanks for the info! What tires are you looking to swap them out with?

I run Dyanapro ATM and they have been good. I am on the second set. I don't need a real aggressive tire, as I spend a lot more time on the road than off.
Same here, this truck is my daily driver/hunting rig/everything else so I drive a lot of highway miles. Not looking for something that's going to be super loud on my long daily commute

Same here, this truck is my daily driver/hunting rig/everything else so I drive a lot of highway miles. Not looking for something that's going to be super loud on my long daily commute
Yep. They have performed well on and off-road for me and they are not noisy on the pavement. Of the several options shown at my Tire Pros store, these were the least expensive and have been pretty impressive to me. I got 60,000 plus miles from the first set.

I have the at2’s on my Silverado as stillkickin said they’re not the greatest on snow. I thought they were great on my 1/2 ton but I have to put my 3/4 ton in 4wd for just a skiff of snow. Also I live on a dirt road and holy shit do they hold on to rocks. Sounds like somebody’s pelting my pickup with an air soft gun when I get on pavement.

Thanks for reminder ZBB, rocks are a bad thing with them also.

I just installed mud flaps because of that happening.

I have had Bridgestone Duelers AT on my last three trucks and been satisfied with their overall performance. Always a compromise.

As my vehicles have to do a lot of highway most of the time I’ll probably go with them or cooper discoverers, depending on the advice I get from my local tire guy.

I run Dyanapro ATM and they have been good. I am on the second set. I don't need a real aggressive tire, as I spend a lot more time on the road than off.

My neighbor has these on his truck and said he Thought they were darn good in snow. The lugs are similar in design but are more aggressive than the AT2 So that might make the difference.

I had ATM's on my old GMC and they were pretty good. Pretty good all around and surprisingly good in snow. Take a look at the new Cooper Discoverer series too. They are a solid all arounder

I had Hankook ATM's on my 02 F150 and loved them. Were great in snow IMO. Have a cousin who did not like them. I personally liked them better than my BF Goodrich KO2 on my newer ford.

Debating between putting the Dynapro ATMs on this fall or trying the Falken AT3 Wildpeaks. Not going to go back to the KO2's. Not good in the icey snow conditions.

I have had 2 sets on my 08 F150. Very quiet and love the life of them. I am in Phoenix and 95% is on pavement , so I like the quietness..............BOB!

I had ATM's on my old GMC and they were pretty good. Pretty good all around and surprisingly good in snow. Take a look at the new Cooper Discoverer series too. They are a solid all arounder
Thank you for the reply! Yeah, I've also looked at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. I've heard good things about them.

I had Hankook ATM's on my 02 F150 and loved them. Were great in snow IMO. Have a cousin who did not like them. I personally liked them better than my BF Goodrich KO2 on my newer ford.

Debating between putting the Dynapro ATMs on this fall or trying the Falken AT3 Wildpeaks. Not going to go back to the KO2's. Not good in the icey snow conditions.
I've heard good things about the Falken Wildpeak, just worried they might way too loud on my daily driver. I've heard some people say they couldn't stand how loud the Falkens are and other people say they're whisper quiet so I'm not sure.

Cooper AT3's. I've had good luck with them for several years. Good traction in the snow and off-road also. This next set is going to be Cooper ST MAXX tires though and I'm going to have them siped. My buddy runs the ST MAXX and I'm impressed with how well they worked in the snow and mud last fall.

I have some on my f-150. They’re far better than the sets of BFG KO2’s that all the kids like. I’ve learned an expensive lesson on those.
In snow/sand/gravel roads/ wet roads, they’re a damn good tire.

I’ve had both the KO2 and the Dynapro ATM. Between the two I’d take the KO2. The Dynapro was a pretty good tire and I don’t think you’d be disappointed with them. I think there are better options, but for the money they are a good one.

Back