Yeti GOBOX Collection

Handicap adaptation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

I still can’t hold/swing a rifle/shotgun very well. My left hand clamps up too much to hold it stable (Image holding the gun with a fist). So, I’m thinking about a vertical fore-grip from a sling stud.

I’m open to ideas, send all of your ideas!

Tall monopod or similar? I used to use one to shoot hogs when I held the spotlight in my left hand.

Tall monopod or similar? I used to use one to shoot hogs when I held the spotlight in my left hand.
No, I’m mainly focused on swinging a shotgun safely. So, I was thinking there’d be a vertical fore-grip that would attach to a sling stud. Similar to an AR VFG but to a sling stud and not a rail.

I still can’t hold/swing a rifle/shotgun very well. My left hand clamps up too much to hold it stable (Image holding the gun with a fist). So, I’m thinking about a vertical fore-grip from a sling stud.

Is a Magpul MOE style vertical grip comfortable for you or do you need a little more meat?
I don't know if there's anything commercially available that mounts to a sling stud, I'm willing to help with development and manufacturing pro bono.

Is a Magpul MOE style vertical grip comfortable for you or do you need a little more meat?
I don't know if there's anything commercially available that mounts to a sling stud, I'm willing to help with development and manufacturing pro bono.
I have big hands but I made those work! I appreciate it, tell me what I can do to help?!

I carry a Primo shooting stick that may work. There’s even a tall version!

I have big hands but I made those work! I appreciate it, tell me what I can do to help?!
What gun/ guns will it be used on?
Are you willing to modify the stock?
How much mobility do you have in your hand?

As mentioned above, it would be pretty easy to mount a pic rail, it's ugly but practical. It would probably be too far forward if you used the factory sling stud.
You could figure out where you wanted it to sit and mount it there.

You could easily add a 2.5” Atlas picatinny rail to a sling stud and then add whatever grip you’d like.
Winner winner! This is what I will try. Forgive me, I haven’t held a M-4/AR in s while, much less furnish one!

What gun/ guns will it be used on?
Are you willing to modify the stock?
How much mobility do you have in your hand?

As mentioned above, it would be pretty easy to mount a pic rail, it's ugly but practical. It would probably be too far forward if you used the factory sling stud.
You could figure out where you wanted it to sit and mount it there.
I’m going to try the small rail section, first. I’ll let you know if it fails. Thanks again.

What shotgun do you shoot and how far are you willing to go*?

*drilling holes, soldering sling studs, gluing to foreend

You try some of the above and your high dollar shotgun becomes a run of the mill pawn shop denizen that nobody will touch.
A friend has a left handed trap grade Rem 1100 12 gauge.
He hasn't shot trap on over 20 years and NOBODY will buy his gun.
He's not trying to get rich, but he's not willing to give it away either.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back