Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Half assed Rack

tufferthandug

I posted this same question over at MM.com as well but they're so busy over there trading recipes for dead dogs and pickin on some boy from BC that I thought I would ask if anyone round here has had to fix a rack broken in two? If you have how did you do it? I know its just a dinker, but the hunt was a good time and I would like to fix it up.

Brokenset.jpg

I have seen it done once although I did not do it myself. They drilled holes in it and stitched it like you would a football. Then glued the seam of the plates. It was an old one, so it must have held up a few years.

i used bondo on a rack before and it worked great, in less than 20 mins its good to go!

I fixed a skull broken down the middle like that one with Fiberglass....I dont think you could break it with a hammer now....works great and is pretty cheap.
YB

Thanks guy's I never thought of fibreglass but it makes sense. The lace up idea is a good one too, but a lazy guy like me should probably use fibreglass.

It is a Dinker MAtter of Fact, Send it to me and I'll throw it away for you :)

I did my Moose Asntlers from AK that way, drilled 3 holes in it, Wires it together then Used a Fiberglass Mix weld something or other. I've seen them done right and they hold AWESOME, I didn't do mine right but it works good anyways.

With a Dink like that I would drill three holes on each side and use a piece of 2x12 and screw it to each side at the widest point, then measure it for the Fantasy Hunt!

drill three holes in each side. like they were not broke put them next to ea. other side to side. then take some wire put through ea side and twist on the brain cav. side when you get them tight and are back together like you want them bondo or fiberglass them. that is what I do when i mount them on a form... Good luck

Back