Hail

We seem to have major hail, wind, or tornadoes in these parts every three or four years but rarely this far into summer. Best of luck to all of you impacted and by all means, heed Nemont's advice.

I saw some lady here this morning, the back of her legs must have been in Bozeman yesterday.

Holy jeez us! This really sucks. Hope you all come out okay on being able to repair your property.
Two weeks ago at our place in Oregon we had a hail storm,but only about the size of moth balls. Picture being in a travel trailer under a snow roof with tin on it. Will tell you one thing though. If you are inclined to have an adult beverage with ice, hail stones are the way to go. I scooped up a handful off my truck to use for ice and it lasts waaay longer in a drink.

On the Ennis side we only got up to ping pong/golf ball size. No damage that I know of. I was in the Bear Trap fishing when it rolled in, it was a scramble to find a tree with enough branches to buffer the impacts. My nephews took a few shots to the back and head before they wised up and stopped trying to catch them.

Holy cow, they were calling for such up here a while ago but it never materialized, thank God. I can't imagine working at the local insurance offices this week.

Amazing that nobody was seriously hurt.

One point that I would like to bring up is don't take your vehicle to one of those drive in claim centers.The settlements seem to be quite a bit lower than if you take your vehicle to your prefered body shop for an estimate.Just food for thought.

Lost two lights and vent on one of my enclosed trailers and the top and side look like Crittergitters kids got bigger hammers. My personal truck has one light, cracked the windshield, and there isn't a whole peice of plastic left on it. Some of the dents are so bad that it cracked the paint. Half of the tree farm looks like a shredder went through it and the other half is fine. My crew and I dove in my enclosed trailer when it hit, "for cover", but the back door was open towards the storm and it was like being in a warzone from the richochets that were hitting the back ramp and coming in, so I had to jump out and slam the door shut and hussle around the side door. I felt like that fat slow kid in gym class being tagged by a thousand dodgeballs and no were to run.:D

Attachments

• P7010011.jpg
    P7010011.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 139
  • P7010012.jpg
    P7010012.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 136
  • P7010014.jpg
    P7010014.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 130
  • P7010015.jpg
    P7010015.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 132
  • P7010016.jpg
    P7010016.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 133
  • P7010017.jpg
    P7010017.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 131
We lost the window screens on our west facing windows, tore them up good. Suburban side view mirror got destroyed. Both vehicles are dented up. Need to get up on the roof of the house and take a look. Insurance company has not returned any of our messages. Veggie garden is toast. We started most of the plants back in March in the house. Just put them outside about 3 weeks ago to avoid the frost. Now this. Can't do anything about it. Might as well go fishing.

The big one missed our property in the western part of the county.I was working one of my siding jobs up in Bear Canyon,radical visual of the storm headed right at us,then it spun a ninety and headed for Bridger Canyon.(dumped a porta potty over up there at another job of ours resulting in an instant phone call from a distressed client).Listen folks of Bozeman,no sales pitch,get rid of vinyl,its a waste of your hard earned money.Ask Fin,fiber cement board withstands direct abuse.Okay,maybe just a little sales pitch.I was laughing because I was the only siding contractor in the newspaper,a day after the storm,guys were coming out of the wood work....all of them seasoned professionals,I'm sure.

In my line of work we call that job security sure isn't fun when it happens to you thogh good luck to all those effected by the storms lately

Kurt and Fin, make sure to get up on a ladder and check your gutters and roof really well. We had a similar storm here a few years back and i ended up with 19K in damages to house and vehicles.
Kurt, if they cannot match the siding perfectly you need to raise a stink and get it all replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back