Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Had some friends over for dinner

jryoung

Had some friend over for dinner. Only one is a hunter and a new one at that, so I got to share what is in my freezer (much of which is because others shared with me) and exercise some wild game diplomacy.

Charcuterie:
Utah bison summer sausage
Oregon bighorn carpaccio
ANWR pickled caribou tongue
ANWR pastramied caribou brisket

FB_IMG_1546999267096.jpg

Cured pacific chinook salmon crudo, pomegranate, cucumber, dill and grapefruit oil.

FB_IMG_1546999270547.jpg

Mushroom Consomee

FB_IMG_1546999273908.jpg

Caribou Osso bucco with pinenut gremolata and polenta with duck fat
FB_IMG_1546999237788.jpg

The table

20190107_203721 (1).jpg

Apparently someone is a chef? When I have friends over it's for Elk Meatloaf and Garlic potatoes on paper plates. Maybe a Coors light or if we are really lucky someone brings a bottle of Pendleton to share with some coke.

Next time you have a dinner I want to be invited.:cool:

In all seriousness....Looks awesome!

When I have friends over it's for Elk Meatloaf and Garlic potatoes on paper plates. Maybe a Coors light or if we are really lucky someone brings a bottle of Pendleton to share with some coke.
Yep. Real food and drink. Except for the Coors Light. mtmuley

JR...looks damn fine, well done.

Slummed the Laramie blue plate special in the double wide tonight...hey, its not bad for a furlough dinner.

Pistachio crusted, hand clubbed Alaska Halibut, long grain/wild rice and a bitch creek.

IMG952069.jpg

Holy crap JR. Impressive spread.

Also, was it you who killed a sheep in Oregon, or a buddy? I want to hear more about that.

Wow, Quite the meal and presentation. I'm jealous.

At my house it's grilled wild something or other, deer, antelope, elk, some rice or a potato....and domestic beer, out of a can :D

Ok...that's it!:mad:
Meal Expectations at HT bear camp just sky rocketed!

Looks fantastic JR! Any consumer feedback?

Looks tasty, was anyone hesitant to have wild game?

None at all, I've been feeding probably close to over 100 people a year here in the Bay Area and all of them are super stoked to eat wild game. There are far more foodies here than nut job animal rights activists.....its just the nut jobs cry for attention.

Looks like a suit and tie dinner. Looks delicious

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back