Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Gustafson vs Brown Montana

Agreed, Ive been pretty impressed with the amount of resources spent on this specific election, hard for me to beleive that either candidate could be impartial.
Yeah that’s why I was so suspicious when the Montana GOP candidates starting issuing endorsements. Really makes you wonder wth they are scheming. Instant gut reaction effect of “oh hell no”. I hope it blows up in their faces. Dip chits

James Brown conceded the race for a seat on the Montana Supreme Court to incumbent Justice Ingrid Gustafson on Wednesday morning.
Brown issued this statement at about 8:20 a.m.:

We fell short after a hard-fought campaign where we were significantly outspent by special interest groups and saw millions of dollars in liberal money flood the state in the final weeks of this race. Even so, I am humbled by the high level of support our campaign received from Montanans from all across the Treasure State and from all walks of life... I congratulate Justice Gustafson on her election. To every supporter from across the state, please remember, there’s still important work to do and we can’t give up on our shared goal to restore accountability in our judicial branch and bring balance to the Montana Supreme Court.

It would be beneficial to elect legislators more of the Liz Cheney and Joe Manchin ilk, strong individuals with the integrity and boldness to question and oppose their respective party's absurd legislative malarkey.
Serious? Surely you jest.

Montana: The "New Blue".

James Brown conceded the race for a seat on the Montana Supreme Court to incumbent Justice Ingrid Gustafson on Wednesday morning.
Brown issued this statement at about 8:20 a.m.:

We fell short after a hard-fought campaign where we were significantly outspent by special interest groups and saw millions of dollars in liberal money flood the state in the final weeks of this race. Even so, I am humbled by the high level of support our campaign received from Montanans from all across the Treasure State and from all walks of life... I congratulate Justice Gustafson on her election. To every supporter from across the state, please remember, there’s still important work to do and we can’t give up on our shared goal to restore accountability in our judicial branch and bring balance to the Montana Supreme Court.

I was pleasantly surprised on this one.

These SC races just feel weird. The mailers I got from contingents supporting both candidates were gross and poor firestarter.There was Lawrence VanDyke vs Mike Wheat, then Juras vs Sandefur, and now Brown vs Gustafson. Maybe it is just typical, but they feel incredibly important for what they could hold down the road. They also feel the dirtiest, and yet they are theoretically non-partisan.

Lots of outside money - where is it coming from and what is the end goal for each? As far as I can tell, it is something like status quo for Gustafson - a firewall. For Brown and those before him, it would be the first step to dismantling the voices of Montanans as we have known them - to bad ideas in dark rooms being brought to the light. My take could be way off.

I remember the VanDyke race, a few days before the election he went hunting behind my parent's house and posted a picture. A few weeks later he left the state. May it be so for Brown.

Back