Gunwerks Trouble?

Sounds like there is more to the story.

Wait they’re fine? Screw them and their overpriced crap! :D

I don’t know much about Gunwerks beyond what I’ve seen of their shows on TV. But I know a whole lot about 1. the media and 2. banks. I was a print journalist, mostly covering business, for 16 years. Now I work in corporate communications, for the past four years at a publicly traded financial services firm (absolutely not Wells Fargo).
Brothers and sisters, I can tell you: If your bank sues you, then you have grandly and truly effed up. Your bank will do just about everything to work with you before getting to the last resort of going to court.
And don’t blame the media outlets for reporting what was in the court filing. It’s all laid out there in a public document. If the reporters gave you a chance to respond, and you didn’t get back to them with a quickness, you effed up again.

Aaron addressed the topic last night on Rokslide.

Please read my official statement. Here's the takeaways:

Delinquent sales tax: fake news (5 minutes to look it up)
Delinquent vendor payments: fake news

We stroked a cash payment to Wells Fargo today for nearly 3 million bucks! True story.

We tried to get fair treatment, and stood up for our rights, without rolling over at the first sign of pressure. I might be a little too cocky. WF pulled out the big guns, we settled our obligation.

One other point of clarification regarding the business development grant. City of Cody got the money, built a building. We've agreed to lease it for 20 years, I signed a personal guarantee - for 20 years! Gunwerks fronted the 5 acres of land and hundreds of hours of design and management oversight during construction.

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/press...arding-wells-fargo-litigation-225#scrollTop=0

I'll accept apologies via pm if you don't want to post them publicly...

Aaron addressed the topic last night on Rokslide.

Please read my official statement. Here's the takeaways:

Delinquent sales tax: fake news (5 minutes to look it up)
Delinquent vendor payments: fake news

We stroked a cash payment to Wells Fargo today for nearly 3 million bucks! True story.

We tried to get fair treatment, and stood up for our rights, without rolling over at the first sign of pressure. I might be a little too cocky. WF pulled out the big guns, we settled our obligation.

One other point of clarification regarding the business development grant. City of Cody got the money, built a building. We've agreed to lease it for 20 years, I signed a personal guarantee - for 20 years! Gunwerks fronted the 5 acres of land and hundreds of hours of design and management oversight during construction.

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/press...arding-wells-fargo-litigation-225#scrollTop=0

I'll accept apologies via pm if you don't want to post them publicly...
Lol he won't get any sort of apology from me especially after he demands as such.

Something isn't right in the woodpile!

My question would be WHY did that story come out in the first place?!

Ie, to what end?
Why print something like that and expose yourself to the potential lawsuit?

Last edited:
They were selling "systems" for $10K which was almost double what they're worth. Troubles apparently began in 2018 and they borrowed money to expand. If they couldn't pay the bills in 2018 expanding wasn't going to save them...COVID will be the scapegoat used by many but it had little part in their foul up.

Admittedly I just bought some of their very expensive brass however ADG made it for them.
I never heard of it before today researching 6.5PRC brass. What makes it so special? Why do they want $1.50/round for brass? MidSouth iis selling Hornady loaded ammo at that price.

I legitimately got booted off of the long range hunting forum for trashing that video, back when it came out.

You can clearly see the bull run downhill out of the frame as they pan out. I'm not anti long range, but the time of
flight on a shot like that is 1.88 seconds for my load. So even if you do everything perfectly, there's too much
that's out of your control.
Glad I'm not the only one on here who has been booted off there. They didn't like me preaching ethics.

Well met, brother!

I never heard of it before today researching 6.5PRC brass. What makes it so special? Why do they want $1.50/round for brass? MidSouth iis selling Hornady loaded ammo at that price.

ADG brass is good stuff. I had a load developed in my Christensen 7rm that had a 18 FPS es with Norma brass drop to 6 with the atlas..

As for 10k gunwerks rifles, American made, American jobs, business supporting other American companies..

Rich people spending money on things that employ Americans has never bothered me.

Gimme 5-7 k and I’ll build you the same thing and teach ya how to shoot it, even send ya on your way with 1000 rds..

Each to his own.

I'm starting my third build. I get as much pleasure out of the process as the product.

For $10K I could have a decent 40" center machinist's lathe.

I enjoy processing and sorting brass by weight on cold winter nights. I've reached the age where usually there is nothing else going on during cold winter nights.

And I have no desire to shoot at a living thing that far away.

I hope all is well. Dont want to see anyone lose their jobs or bad press in the industry. If they sell guns for 10k and people want them, good for everyone. Can be 20k for all I care. If people have the money and want a specific item then go for it. I spent 4k on my rifle and my buddies think I am nuts. To me its the greatest rifle I have, and it brings me joy to hunt with it.

Everyone here has their opinions, heck I do and make fun anyone who buys a 6.5CM but if someone wants one, likes and it gets them to enjoy the outdoors, gets them hunting, shooting and maybe get our next generations into it then that's all I care about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back