Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Gunwerks Trouble?

Don't know why people go to LRH, a site dedicated to long range hunting, then bitch about the practice. And yeah, ADG is awesome brass. mtmuley
I didn't read the fine print when I signed up I guess. That no ethics discussion allowed is in the T&Cs would have raised a big flag for me if I had caught it.

I didn't read the fine print when I signed up I guess. That no ethics discussion allowed is in the T&Cs would have raised a big flag for me if I had caught it.

It tells plenty,,, when they forbid the discussion of ethics. Almost like they know they aren't on solid ground,,,ethically speaking.

It tells plenty,,, when they forbid the discussion of ethics. Almost like they know they aren't on solid ground,,,ethically speaking.
The name of the site is longrangehunting. What is so hard to understand? If you are against the practice, don't log on or condemn the ethics of any member there. I was booted myself, although for different reasons. mtmuley

The site has some of the best shooting, reloading and technical info on the web. Plus awesome classifieds.I concentrated on that content instead of nitpicking the ranges other members shot game at. mtmuley

The name of the site is longrangehunting. What is so hard to understand? If you are against the practice, don't log on or condemn the ethics of any member there. I was booted myself, although for different reasons. mtmuley

Nothing hard to understand at all. It is a long range hunting site that does not want the ethics of their endeavor discussed.

I have ZERO interest in what they do, never been to their site, see no reason to in the future.

I do have an opinion on how ethical it is to shoot at big game animals from 1000+yards.

Nothing hard to understand at all. It is a long range hunting site that does not want the ethics of their endeavor discussed.

I have ZERO interest in what they do, never been to their site, see no reason to in the future.

I do have an opinion on how ethical it is to shoot at big game animals from 1000+yards.

old man once told me the thing about opinions, pretty sure everyone knows the rest.

is bow hunting ethical?
Rifle hunting? Why not use a muzzle loader? spear? Live bait? Baiting? Who’s more likely to wound a animal? Guy who shoots every weekend to 1k than whacks a buck at 650 or guy who shoots his bow once a year than gets bull fever when it’s standing 10 yards and sticks it in the shoulder?

I could go on, but it’s just my opinion...

As I’ve said In the past, as much as this subject is talked about, the number of people who think “I’m comfortable out to 350” far outnumber and likely wound more animals than the number of people who can hit any size target beyond 500.

For every hunter I encounter that knows his actual drop and the number to dial on his turret at a given range I encounter 3 who use “minute of animal” and “just aim a foot over its spine” when it looks like it’s 300ish..

There is another line of thought on the subject, more people shooting, more guns, more bullets, more scopes more Pittman Robertson dollars, better educated sportsman on external ballistics, precision shooting= less wounded animals.

maybe? Show me the data that long range hunters wound animals?

That’s all..

Last edited:
Everyone has their own feelings about this. It's been pounded to death on this forum. As far as LRH, great info there as I said. The site owner not wanting anti long range posters is understandable. No way you can question the ethics of any member there. mtmuley

I never heard of it before today researching 6.5PRC brass. What makes it so special? Why do they want $1.50/round for brass? MidSouth iis selling Hornady loaded ammo at that price.
ADG is thicker, better consistency, and has exponentially better QC. Last batch of Hornady brass for my 280ai had 20% sorted out because of bad QC (machine damaged cases or completely missing flash hole). It took them 6 weeks to make it right. It does just fine but why not start off right.

Good that they sorted it out. One thing I am sure of is that there is three sides to every story, and the truth isnt the side that comes up very often.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back