MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Guide Info

outdoor_nut

Hey all, I'm in the military and have limited time at home to go hunting. Was wanting to make the best of a one time elk hunt. Ive saved a good chunk of change and was wondering if anyone had some good outfitters they would recommend. State would not matter to me, I love Montana and Wyoming though. It would also be a rifle hunt. Any info you guys have is appreciated.

First you need a tag and if you don't have PPs built up in any of the states you will probably be looking at Idaho or Colorado that has OTC tags or a state like NM or UT or NV that has landowner tags and if you have the dough the latter three states would be what I'd be looking into. Seeing as how this website is dedicated to DIY hunting you may not get much as far as names of actual outfitters. At least I can offer you one thing and that is thanks for your service!

First time elk hunt

I have hunted twice with Horse Creek outfitters in Chalis, Id. Shot my first Bull last year with Archery, turned out to be P&Y. Although P&Y was not my goal for first elk, I was lucky to get one. The Archery tag is over the counter. Great people, great experience, great value. Plenty of elk in unit 37 and 37a. Feel free to contact me if you like.
Chip
[email protected]
336-314-0044 mb

Back