Guess Hank's gauge.

It seems Hank’s “gauge“ got filled up quite a bit on that trip.
It was touch and go when I pulled into a full parking lot you can usually just drive across. I almost went right back out.
Never seen that Safeway that full either. Every checkstand was working, store employees stocking shelves along with reps in every isle.
I was blocked in with my hotdogs(Hebrew Nat.) and keilbasa in the cart trying to back out, by the blonde grabbing dogs(Farmer Johns).
Happened again at the Tillamook ice cream freezer. The Blonde. That's when I asked where she was from, the accent. She laughed apologized for the crashes and said Heber ,in a light brit accent. Good laugh.
West London, 30 years ago. Vacation place in Heber. No ring. Well dressed casual. Nice smile.

I had showered and clean jeans & denim shirt, but have not mowed the face in a week. Left the pistol in the truck too. Did not freak out when there was only maple bars left, lucky me. Said hello to folks I knew and was in a zen zone.
It could have gone bad. I have avoided crowds for years.

I avoided staring at her in the checkstand. I avoided looking at anyone...lol.
I did talk to a neighbor who is the manager and was bagging. She asked if I had gotten some rains? Yep,nice and green. We both said ,"Bring it", when the thunder cracked over the store.

Life is like a Pie Shop. You never know what is available, but you could wind up with 3 different slices.

Tried to send you a PM. Either your inbox is full or you are blocking me LOL.

First, way cool. You are very generous and kind. Second, damned glad you’re seeing some rain.

My nominee is boomerusaf.

Regardless of who you pick, if money is an issue for travel, I’m sure we can “pass the hat” so to speak and come up with some travel funds.
+1

.23" yesterday. Flash flood watch just went up.

The blueberry/lemon custard is to die for. The very very berry is right up there. We had some bites of each.

Now Rio is staring out the door and wondering why we are not looking for the green Tacoma with the dog...
I tell him we have time and the Pie ladies on our side.
He's out chewing another new bone find, sulking.

.25" yesterday and more coming.
In keeping with the Changes theme post, there has been a change in bow hunters on my place.
The Iowa Vet texted me and decided to withdraw due to family time and the $ this year.
I was proud of him when he said he could not justify the trip this year. I said your up when you can and if I get tags again.

Benfromalbaquerque got back to me and has a Vet resident buddy who did not draw. I talked to both yesterday and now Gilbert will be using a tag. Army combat Vet Capt. and family guy. I could hear the wife and kids in background. We talked for an hour or so about life ,elk and such.

Just have to put the 2 hunters in touch and work out the details of whos up or who can work together...

Sitting in a cracking thunderstorm last night I remembered where I have seen that blonde before, FS. I have bumped into her for several years in the field and in the AZ & Gila offices. Terrible with names but I never forget a face.
Or I was dreaming.

The Pie Town ladies are on it. They will tell me the skinny on the limey gal. There are a few around who will not throw me to the wind. Way more connected than I am here.

My ex said the local gals are just waiting to see how my home turns out...LOL.
LOL...who cares as long as Rio likes it.

So today was the 1st trip to Socorro for PT, sciatica.
Made a big mistake yesterday walking down to the big tank and taking pictures. Rio took off after dogs and I walked back up without him. He was in doggie heaven, oh well.
An hour later I drove down to find him. He was still digging at holes like a madman. Mouth packed with wet dirt. Pawing at it in the truck. Took a half hour for him to breath & act normal. Out like a light in another half hour.
I did loosen me up until about 9pm when the ole butt bone started in and the nerves started their dance. Slept poorly and got up @ 4:30. It was not good. Heat & ice did not help. Hot shower helped. Dug into the survival meds and took half a vicodin just so I could make the 2 1/2 hr drive. I could barely walk on my left leg.
I had to trick Rio to leave him in the house and trust he could last ... I was sure he would sleep after his frenzy the day before.

Thunderheads in the east along the divide . Pain died down some but the nerve dance ache continued.
Found the Therapy place and got signed in and waited. Owner operator place with gym and all.
A few others in their routines.
He is a nice enough guy,big. Ex football player look, 50. Tunes out he knew Ephraim my friend and fellow HTer. Grew up in Alpine AZ and Ephraims mom was his teacher.

Thorough evaluation and the range of motion stretches, the pain threshold before it happens guess is the word.
Looks like a hip out of wack. Get the heat & ice then he comes back and we go thru the stretches I will be doing on my own. Well the left leg over right and arm opposite twist is a line, half way up and barely any resistance form him. Animal yeow comes out of me. Seems we found the problem & limit ,for sure now.
Twisted Sister scream.
The leg pull almost popped the hip back in. Ankle popped at least.
So it will be one session a week due to gas for 12 weeks. Drive the Tacoma. Covered by Medicare after $240 limit met. Next week, paid in full.

I could just walk to my truck...bad. It will be a long drive home. Pain eases to nerve ache and almost ends when I get squared away and focus. Take the 603 and still no rains on the dirt here, until Graveyard rd. Downpour had hit and the road was 6" of NM mud. I bounce my ass for a mile and then dry again to my place. I limp to door.
Rio is happy to see me and luckily not the whirling dervish as usual. Propane delivered & load data book on steps. No accidents. Cool. He will have to stay home until this is over.

This will put a kink in things here for a while. But I need to get it straightened out . Recover. 3 pages of daily stretches/exercises. Jeez ,Kelby does not screw around .

It sucks getting old. But I'm comfortable right now laying on couch watching NCIS re runs, leg down. No pain, until the next trip to the head...JEEZ. One more heat ice session before bed.

Ommm.

So today was the 1st trip to Socorro for PT, sciatica.
Made a big mistake yesterday walking down to the big tank and taking pictures. Rio took off after dogs and I walked back up without him. He was in doggie heaven, oh well.
An hour later I drove down to find him. He was still digging at holes like a madman. Mouth packed with wet dirt. Pawing at it in the truck. Took a half hour for him to breath & act normal. Out like a light in another half hour.
I did loosen me up until about 9pm when the ole butt bone started in and the nerves started their dance. Slept poorly and got up @ 4:30. It was not good. Heat & ice did not help. Hot shower helped. Dug into the survival meds and took half a vicodin just so I could make the 2 1/2 hr drive. I could barely walk on my left leg.
I had to trick Rio to leave him in the house and trust he could last ... I was sure he would sleep after his frenzy the day before.

Thunderheads in the east along the divide . Pain died down some but the nerve dance ache continued.
Found the Therapy place and got signed in and waited. Owner operator place with gym and all.
A few others in their routines.
He is a nice enough guy,big. Ex football player look, 50. Tunes out he knew Ephraim my friend and fellow HTer. Grew up in Alpine AZ and Ephraims mom was his teacher.

Thorough evaluation and the range of motion stretches, the pain threshold before it happens guess is the word.
Looks like a hip out of wack. Get the heat & ice then he comes back and we go thru the stretches I will be doing on my own. Well the left leg over right and arm opposite twist is a line, half way up and barely any resistance form him. Animal yeow comes out of me. Seems we found the problem & limit ,for sure now.
Twisted Sister scream.
The leg pull almost popped the hip back in. Ankle popped at least.
So it will be one session a week due to gas for 12 weeks. Drive the Tacoma. Covered by Medicare after $240 limit met. Next week, paid in full.

I could just walk to my truck...bad. It will be a long drive home. Pain eases to nerve ache and almost ends when I get squared away and focus. Take the 603 and still no rains on the dirt here, until Graveyard rd. Downpour had hit and the road was 6" of NM mud. I bounce my ass for a mile and then dry again to my place. I limp to door.
Rio is happy to see me and luckily not the whirling dervish as usual. Propane delivered & load data book on steps. No accidents. Cool. He will have to stay home until this is over.

This will put a kink in things here for a while. But I need to get it straightened out . Recover. 3 pages of daily stretches/exercises. Jeez ,Kelby does not screw around .

It sucks getting old. But I'm comfortable right now laying on couch watching NCIS re runs, leg down. No pain, until the next trip to the head...JEEZ. One more heat ice session before bed.

Ommm.
As my 97 yr old uncle used to say before he cashed in, "Getting old ain't for wimps!"

I guess we overdid it with the left cross over stretch yesterday. Now the sciatica is back to where it was a month ago. Golly gosh, it does not feel good.
PT called this morning to check on me and apologized for the issue. Can't really blame him when I can go way beyond with all the other stretches, for an old fart.
Well we know where the issue is now.
Ibuprophine , Tylenol and heat and ice. Just keep rolling around into a comfortable position.
Hopefully I can make the drive next week...this sucks.

Headed out the door & 0630 for the ER in Socorro, only thing I could think of doing being in extreme pain on an off all night. Could hardly walk.
Had a Doc & nurse work on me. Doc does not cotton to narcotics for back pain. I get it. Gives me a steroid shot and a script for more in pills and some muscle relaxers. Heat & ice.

Had a rant on the PT guy for a while out on the Plains of San Augustine . Got that out of my system, much to Rio's concern since I was not on the phone.

Getting very green in most places now. Saw the washouts near Datil.

Travis called to say he had not forgotten me, right as I was diving past his place...lol I said no problemo I had a set back and will be little use work wise for a bit. I hope a bit.
Feel good now and can walk around way better than this morning.

Back to the drawing board, take it easy. That will not be a problem. I have Rio on the couch next to me.
Lots of elk around again in neighborhood, deer coming thru along our road at sunset.
Monsoons back soon and the heat has turned up the growth spurt.

Headed out the door & 0630 for the ER in Socorro, only thing I could think of doing being in extreme pain on an off all night. Could hardly walk.
Had a Doc & nurse work on me. Doc does not cotton to narcotics for back pain. I get it. Gives me a steroid shot and a script for more in pills and some muscle relaxers. Heat & ice.

Had a rant on the PT guy for a while out on the Plains of San Augustine . Got that out of my system, much to Rio's concern since I was not on the phone.

Getting very green in most places now. Saw the washouts near Datil.

Travis called to say he had not forgotten me, right as I was diving past his place...lol I said no problemo I had a set back and will be little use work wise for a bit. I hope a bit.
Feel good now and can walk around way better than this morning.

Back to the drawing board, take it easy. That will not be a problem. I have Rio on the couch next to me.
Lots of elk around again in neighborhood, deer coming thru along our road at sunset.
Monsoons back soon and the heat has turned up the growth spurt.
Need an MRI my man. All this stuff could just be masking the problem if it is fact a bigger issue than PT and muscle relaxers can fix. I’ve lived it. Hope this all works where it fixes in its own, but it sounds pretty familiar. Get well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back