Caribou Gear

Griz attack outside of Cody.

HighDesertSage

Kid showed some balls:

Hope for a speedy recovery for them both.

Crazy and I'm sure they will recover thank goodness and neither of them died, but man that person who wrote that article is cheesy as he!!...

Glad the two kids will be okay. We hunted there last weekend and ran into two different bears, one eating on an elk carcass right on the trail about 100 yards out when we bumped it and one massive bruin on the pack out. That area is always chock full of grizzlies. Hope the wrestlers make a speedy recovery.

Attachments

• PXL_20221008_131829360.jpg
    PXL_20221008_131829360.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20221008_191618821.jpg
    PXL_20221008_191618821.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20221008_184900861.jpg
    PXL_20221008_184900861.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
Kid showed some balls:

Hope for a speedy recovery for them both.
Holy snapchits!

Cummings is good nut! And... to get cracked again? Steel huevos to lay still while the griz batted him around another go!

That's a story that will stay forever in their minds.

Both are VERY fortunate, wish them a speedy recovery. They have one hell of a story the rest of their lives!

Hoooooooly buckets.. tough dudes, glad they’re both gonna be okay.. a buddy of mine and I bumped a boo boo black bear from a nap at like 20 yards one afternoon, smack in grizzly country. I think about it every day, even though it was nothing. The coworker kinda shrugged it off when i asked him what if that was a 1200 lb grizzly bear instead of a boo boo? We’d of been burnt baki

Yikes!! We found this track outside of Cody in a creek bottom last Monday, not far from where I filled an elk tag. Happy not to have any encounters!! Hope the boys recover soon.0C2F2734-0836-4B05-8947-ACB1E06FA6A7.jpeg

Wrestlers=mess with one mess with the whole team. Glad they survived. I have feeling all this did was make that bond stronger.
Prayers for them both.

We were hunting in that area just after it happened. Met another hunter who warned us a sow with cubs had walked by above the trailhead a little while earlier. Had no idea she was probably the one who just mauled the guys. Didn’t see the guys but they were right above us. When we started walking back to the trailhead, we saw the ambulance, sheriffs, F&G and all kinds of commotion back at the trailhead. Glad their going to be alright. A couple other hunters saw 7 grizzlies in that area the morning before. Looked like 4 boars, a sow and 2 cubs. Bears are way out of control around Cody. People have been seeing them or their tracks all over the Southfork area in residential areas too lately.

Back