Green energy killed by greenies

Irrelevant

I'm glad the wildlife concerns, which in this case appear to be more opportunistic by some angry old people than actual concerns for wildlife, won out, at least partially, over the green energy agenda.

I'm glad the wildlife concerns, which in this case appear to be more opportunistic by some angry old people than actual concerns for wildlife, won out, at least partially, over the green energy agenda.
List continues...

Bless those organizations that promote this to overcome those nasty O&G pumps. Definitely, a vast improvement for wildlife to zig and zag / hurdle and turbines to develop the best ultimate ninja warrior course!

1708725905596.png

Last edited:
I always thought solar panels would overwhelm flatlands... However, I didn't expect this.

1720197845898.png

The pic is from a Mongolian range intended to power six million Chinese homes.
I wonder how this will play out for private land owners and public wildlife when the financial inclination takes foot in the U.S. Their land. Their decision.
We see it on the flats - who's to stop our majestic hillsides from scenery/blocked wildlife corridors, etc all in the name of $.
Wait I get it - No private mass land owner would ever do such in the U.S.!
I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya.

Wow! That's disturbing! The future of green energy.

Soon, we’ll see the hunt write up….

“I put the windmill between me and the buck, and slowly covered 200 yards for a more ethical shot”

6,000 acres of farmland and prime whitetail habitat will disappear.

Since 2021, the company has worked with private landowners between Raymond and Bolton to enter into lease agreements to house the solar panels, which will take up just under 6,000 acres. The company says Soul City will produce 396 megawatts of electricity, or enough to power 95,000 homes. That power production would make Soul City the largest solar development in Mississippi

I always thought solar panels would overwhelm flatlands... However, I didn't expect this.

View attachment 331810

The pic is from a Mongolian range intended to power six million Chinese homes.
I wonder how this will play out for private land owners and public wildlife when the financial inclination takes foot in the U.S. Their land. Their decision.
We see it on the flats - who's to stop our majestic hillsides from scenery/blocked wildlife corridors, etc all in the name of $.
Wait I get it - No private mass land owner would ever do such in the U.S.!
I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya.

Wow! That's disturbing! The future of green energy.
I was in Oregon last week, and it is exceptionally fertile ground. I was deeply disappointed to see a solar development on what was clearly once a productive orchard or xmas tree farm.

That said, when I went to Tucson, AZ, a couple months ago, I was happy to see many parking lots covered in solar. It shaded the lots and was a far more productive use of space. I firmly believe we should be incentivizing solar on roofs and over parking lots. There's little more wasteful and bad for the environment than a parking lot, and solar makes sense there. But in country like this... **shudder**

I was in Oregon last week, and it is exceptionally fertile ground. I was deeply disappointed to see a solar development on what was clearly once a productive orchard or xmas tree farm.

That said, when I went to Tucson, AZ, a couple months ago, I was happy to see many parking lots covered in solar. It shaded the lots and was a far more productive use of space. I firmly believe we should be incentivizing solar on roofs and over parking lots. There's little more wasteful and bad for the environment than a parking lot, and solar makes sense there. But in country like this... **shudder**
roofs of warehouses and large store spaces like Walmarts make so much sense. Shade the roof to lower direct heat on the roof and power the building plus some as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaronf257
Back