Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Great Social Media posts?

View attachment 313772
People were giving it to Janis and the MeatEater crew for being sellouts. Apparently between the gun set up, spotter and binos he had over 12k in gear. He replied to several comments with its nice to have sponsors.
I saw one of those new Savages and clicked on it to see the price. $3299 blew my mind. I respect them for being the reliable albeit unattractive budget rifle they have been all my life but at the end of the day this thing is a Savage. You can buy a lot of gun for $3299

View attachment 313772
People were giving it to Janis and the MeatEater crew for being sellouts. Apparently between the gun set up, spotter and binos he had over 12k in gear. He replied to several comments with its nice to have sponsors.
It’s not that hard to get to 12k in gear. $5k rifle and scope, $2500 spotter & Tripod, $1500 hot tent, $500 boots, $500 backpack, $2000 binos and you’re still naked & hungry.

I saw one of those new Savages and clicked on it to see the price. $3299 blew my mind. I respect them for being the reliable albeit unattractive budget rifle they have been all my life but at the end of the day this thing is a Savage. You can buy a lot of gun for $3299
It is a lot of gun for the money, that chassis is $1,500 all alone. Would I pay that for a Savage? Absolutely not, but that chassis is probably the nicest out there for its niche. Buy any action that fits in the HNT26, add a Proof, muzzle brake, 20 MOA rail, and you're there price wise.

I think the gun he has in the pic is one of the new Weatherby 307s though, the alpine version in the mdt chassis. They did help Weatherby design it

I think the gun he has in the pic is one of the new Weatherby 307s though, the alpine version in the mdt chassis. They did help Weatherby design it
I actually read the post later and realized it's a Tikka T3x in a MDT chassis and not a Savage.

Back