Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Great Social Media posts?

I just want a pup that will let my boys ride it, but will eat anybody that tries to touch my boys.
My neighbor's mastiff, Bubba. He sits all day quietly watching the boys play, let's them ride him around like a pony, but is super protective.

One day, when the older boy was wrestling his younger brother, Bubba stood up, walked over and grabbed the older boy gently by the arm and relocated him off the younger brother and went and laid back down.

Smart dogs are way cool

My neighbor's mastiff, Bubba. He sits all day quietly watching the boys play, let's them ride him around like a pony, but is super protective.

One day, when the older boy was wrestling his younger brother, Bubba stood up, walked over and grabbed the older boy gently by the arm and relocated him off the younger brother and went and laid back down.

Smart dogs are way cool
As a little kid, our neighbor had a Doberman that would herd my little sister around by picking her just off her feet with his head under her butt if he felt she was getting too close to the street. We had two different German Shepherds that tolerated anything and everything we'd do as kids, but would tear anyone apart that they saw as a threat. Excellent breed from my experience.

As a little kid, our neighbor had a Doberman that would herd my little sister around by picking her just off her feet with his head under her butt if he felt she was getting too close to the street. We had two different German Shepherds that tolerated anything and everything we'd do as kids, but would tear anyone apart that they saw as a threat. Excellent breed from my experience.

Had a couple heelers that were the same way. I’d wander off a lot as a kid and they’d always stay with me. Someone would come looking for me calling. The dog would always come and lead them to me. They are decent family dogs but can get pretty protective of just 1 person. The one I lost about 6 years ago was a good one. He had a 6th sense. He’d greet visitors as soon as they got outta their car, if he got a bad vibe he’d growl, he o my bit a couple people and honestly he figured them right. My wife loved having him around other than he was scared of thunder and would go nuts scratching at the door when a storm was coming in.

We’d also play a game where my brother or I would sprint and the other would tell the dog to “sic him”. Those heelers would catch you by the thick leather on the back back of your boot and drag you back to the house. A person drove by one day and seen this, pulled over and thought the dog was attacking. We were laughing too hard to tell them it was fun.

Had a couple heelers that were the same way. I’d wander off a lot as a kid and they’d always stay with me. Someone would come looking for me calling. The dog would always come and lead them to me. They are decent family dogs but can get pretty protective of just 1 person. The one I lost about 6 years ago was a good one. He had a 6th sense. He’d greet visitors as soon as they got outta their car, if he got a bad vibe he’d growl, he o my bit a couple people and honestly he figured them right. My wife loved having him around other than he was scared of thunder and would go nuts scratching at the door when a storm was coming in.

We’d also play a game where my brother or I would sprint and the other would tell the dog to “sic him”. Those heelers would catch you by the thick leather on the back back of your boot and drag you back to the house. A person drove by one day and seen this, pulled over and thought the dog was attacking. We were laughing too hard to tell them it was fun.
We've always had heelers on our farm, only females though. They were the best dogs.
When my son was a baby and he went to stay and visit grandma and grandpa, she would lay under his crib everytime he was in it. Didn't matter if it was midday or midnight, whenever he woke up, she'd go find grandma and let her know. As he got older and started walking, she never let him out of her sight.

...man this photo is gonna trigger a PTSD episode for @rjthehunter
This is what I'd imagine Da Yoopers look like. You know, the turdy point buck song... I just imagined more bigger beer bellies and a little older.

You could have said these guys were from MN and I wouldn't have been surprised either! A 2-3 week gun season really attracts some characters...

This is what I'd imagine Da Yoopers look like. You know, the turdy point buck song... I just imagined more bigger beer bellies and a little older.

You could have said these guys were from MN and I wouldn't have been surprised either! A 2-3 week gun season really attracts some characters...

I agree on expecting bigger beer bellies. And more body hair on some of the adults.

letterkenny-wayne.gif

Anyone who is in the left lane and not passing should be executed and hung from the bridge for display just saying.

200.gif

LEFT LANE LOVER (to the tune of Good Hearted Woman)

A long time drivin’ on the I-5, that damn Aerostar is sittin’ in my way

The left lane is for passin’, but that ain’t what she is doin’ today

But I better not complain about the stupid stunts

that driver has done

Cause this is California

and that crazy unit might be packin’ a gun..

She’s a left lane lover drivin’ a silver mini van

Talkin’ on the cell phone watchin’ the road when she can.

There’s cars backed up behind her, passin’ her is the plan.

She’s a left lane lover drivin’ a silver mini van.

Car behind her flash their lights, honk the horn again and again

I don’t know If she will get over to 60 again

Just creeping along cloggin’ up the highway the best that she can

A left lane lover drivin’ a silver mini van.

There’s cars backed up behind her passin’ her is the plan.

There’s cars backed up behind her passin’ her is the plan.

Meanwhile deep in the forbidding mountains of the Wasatch front.
I'm not a bow hunter, would you use a climber or sticks to put a stand in that basketball hoop?

I heard some stories about a guy that used to pick up a bunch of nice muley sheds in peoples yards around salt lake. He’d cruise neighborhoods watching deer and then sneak in at night to grab any fresh sheds. He was later busted for poaching a deer…

Last edited:
Looks very dead to me. Have never seen a live deer lay like that. Probably got trapped in there and broke his neck hitting the fence in attempts to get out.

Been some real gems in the local public land Facebook group. Screenshot_20221115-000804_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20221115-000114_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20221115-000323_Facebook.jpg
For context on the last one, I have no problem with the dad sharing his proud moment with his son, but the details he gives in the post narrow the spot down and then the pictures almost broadcast exactly where they were.

Five people found your review helpful. I wonder how many of those were HTers? 😀

View attachment 221593
Idk why this popped in my head today but I went and checked and the packaroon review is still up on the REI website now with 18 yes!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back