Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Great Odds for Wyoming Commissioner Tag Raffle by Wyoming Wildlife Federation

Heyjbales

Wyoming Wildlife Federation is raffling off $100 tickets for a 2020 Wyoming Commissioner Tag.

ONLY 300 tickets are available.

That means you get at least 1/300 odds of having the best elk, or deer, or antelope tag in the state in your pocket next fall.
A few of these tags don't have any chance of drawing in the random draw without maximum points.

We also have a ton of killer prizes to go along with runners up:
1 Winner | Weatherby Vanguard Rifle & Maven RS.2 Scope
1 Winner | First Lite Gear ($300 Value)
2 Winners | New West KnifeWorks Outfitter Knifes ($229 Value)

That's 5/300 chances to be a winner! Pretty good if you ask me.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I'm also happy to talk with the winner about what hunts are known to be kind of the creme of the crop and you could probably twist my arm to help you out if you wanted. ;)

At the end of the day, all the dollars raised from this fundraiser go back to Wyoming Wildlife Federation. Not only does it help some of our work on some of the top issues in the state, like mule deer migrations and sage grouse, but this tag will fund our new education program called Class Outside to provide outdoor opportunities for the next generation in schools and in the field.

Happy to answer any questions anyone on here has!

You can buy tickets at wyomingwildlife.org/tag

Approved by the Big Fin as a nonprofit

*Incorrect information below. Figured I'd leave it so the response below has a reference point.*
I just was reminded this is a tax-deductible raffle... so you get to put in for the tag and write it off.

That might help keep the peace with the 'ol lady. ;)

Last edited:
Not to be a stick in the mud but you aren't allowed to deduct the cost of raffle tickets as a charitable donation.

From IRS Publication 526 - Charitable Contributions
Costs of raffles, bingo, lottery, etc. You can't deduct as a charitable contribution amounts you pay to buy raffle or lottery tickets or to play bingo or other games of chance. For information on how to report gambling winnings and losses, see Expenses You Can Deduct in Pub. 529.

If you go over to IRS publication 529 on Gambling, it does say that losing raffle tickets can be deducted as gambling losses up to the extent of gambling winnings but they are subject to a whole lot of limitations.

Not to be a stick in the mud but you aren't allowed to deduct the cost of raffle tickets as a charitable donation.

From IRS Publication 526 - Charitable Contributions

If you go over to IRS publication 529 on Gambling, it does say that losing raffle tickets can be deducted as gambling losses up to the extent of gambling winnings but they are subject to a whole lot of limitations.
Wow. This is great information to know. Thank you! I'll correct my previous post... Haha. I appreciate this!

When it comes down to it with the increase in the standard deduction levels there aren't many people who are itemizing deductions anymore.

Those that are, probably already know that raffle tickets can't be deducted.

When it comes down to it with the increase in the standard deduction levels there aren't many people who are itemizing deductions anymore.

Those that are, probably already know that raffle tickets can't be deducted.
Good to know! Clearly I am not in that group. Hah.

Hey all! We drew for the winner of the Commissioner's Tag last Friday. I cannot thank everyone enough on here for the support you gave the raffle. Plus, thanks to the Big Fin for allowing nonprofits to post up on here.

These are this year's winners of the raffle:

New West Knife - Austin Musselman
New West Knife - Johnathan Thomas
First Lite Kit - John Wilson
Weatherby x Maven Set Up - Kelly Rosas
Commissioner's Tag - Frank Patrick

Again, thanks to everyone for hopping in on the tag raffle! All proceeds are going to some great work on Wyoming wildlife and increasing hunting opportunity in the state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back