MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Great Falls area butchers

montanadogs

I was reading another thread about butchers and got to thinking that I don't have the time to butcher my elk this year. Anyone know of good butchers in the great falls area that is reasonable?

House of Meats. Outstanding folks, with no worries about getting your own stuff (or all of it) back.

Thanks, I took my deer there 2 days ago and they were full, but have it done already. Just curious who was the better ones in town. They are fairly priced I thought.

Timberland Taxidermy on 14th St N is way better than House of Meats.

Exactly right. If you want all your meat back you will avoid house of meats like the plague.
Biggest rip off in town. A friend of mine got 64 pounds of meat off a 350 pound cow elk.

I got 75 punds of meat from my spike bull I shot in archery season. 2 boxes of meat. small boxes at that.

I will use timberland from now on.

Exactly right. If you want all your meat back you will avoid house of meats like the plague.
Biggest rip off in town. A friend of mine got 64 pounds of meat off a 350 pound cow elk.

I got 75 punds of meat from my spike bull I shot in archery season. 2 boxes of meat. small boxes at that.

I will use timberland from now on.

Yikes! It's been a few years since I took a deer there...maybe i got a good deal or things have changed.

House of Meats. Outstanding folks, with no worries about getting your own stuff (or all of it) back.

The woman who runs the joint, family really, are friends with my in-laws. They are great people. SUPER NICE and they do great work. I went to another place for my bear last year and it was a total joke. Bags were leaking, came apart when I defrosted, some were covered in frozen chunks of someone elses animal. I'll never go back.

House of Meats does an excellent job everytime.

We've called before and had them open up for us too, so they'll come over if their closed and you need to make a drop off.

I used to use House of Meats as well. I no longer do b/c of a couple of incidents.
1. I experienced the lack of meat from an elk a few years ago. Two smaller boxes worth and I brought in the whole elk. It just felt WAY too light. I've never taken another elk in there since.
2. It was last weekend a couple of years back and they had the extra semi-trailer going to accept meat. They off loaded my buck and threw it in a pile of stacked deer w/in the trailer. I spend a lot of time cleaning my animals before I take them in and I was appalled. Since then, I've never been back.

I agree the gal that owns it is a GREAT person and they are VERY successful. I've just chosen to take my business elsewhere.

Well, just got my deer back from house of Meets. Took my buck in whole, at the check station he weighed 140lbs, got 25 lbs of meat back......... really that's it from him?!?!?!? Not to diss them but they packaged up "chuck steaks" that no joke weighed about 43 ounces and that included the packaging. Don't know if I'll be taking anything else there.

Well, just got my deer back from house of Meets. Took my buck in whole, at the check station he weighed 140lbs, got 25 lbs of meat back......... .

I dont know what they do with all the extra meat, I figure they either throw it away or steal it. Being they are good people, My personal opinion is that they have lazy meat cutters that dont know how to cut up meat and they cut up the easy stuff and discard the rest. Either way what you get for the money just doesnt add up.

Montanadogs you are just another disgruntled customer of dozens i know that have that same complaint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back